“Excellent Food and Service What a Find!”

Glenspean Lodge Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Roybridge
Reviewed 21 July 2013

We were advised by out B&B to try a meal at the Glenspean Lodge. What a find. Ian the proprietor was very welcoming and as they were rather busy with a 60th birthday party did not have a table available but soon sorted us one while we had a drink and chose from the menu. The food quickly arrived and was superb. The hotel is set in its own grounds in an elevated position with immaculate gardens. If we are in the area again we will certainly stay at the Glenspean.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
iansue86, Owner at Glenspean Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2013

Thank you for your lovely review, we are glad you enjoyed your meal, it was a rather busy night! it would be lovely to welcome you back to stay at Glenspean Lodge sometime in the future.

Reviewed 17 July 2013

Spent the last two nights at Glenspean where the owners and their small team have everything spot on. The welcome, the meals, the service, the friendliness, the rooms, just perfect. Such a beautiful location. We will return when back in the area.

Room Tip: We had a room on first floor overlooking the gardens with a fab view of the mountains.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your lovely review, we hope we can welcome you back if you are ever in the area again. Ian & Suzanne

Reviewed 1 July 2013

A lovely hotel in a great location. Very friendly and comfortable hotel, good food and our bedroom was so fresh and clean. We'd certainly recommend a stay with Suzanne & Ian and will return when next in the area.

Room Tip: If all rooms were as clean as ours then you'll have a very pleasant stay
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
iansue86, Owner at Glenspean Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2013

Thank you for your lovely review, we hope we can welcome you back one day if you ever return to the area. Ian & Suzanne

Reviewed 13 June 2013

Fantastic place to stay outside Fort William, modern, clean, very well kept. Great reception and food provided even though arrived late.
Room was first class and very comfortable.
Service and knowledge of surrounding area very helpfull.
Cannot fault the meals provided, very tasteful and well presented.
Would recommend this hotel, thank you Best Western

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank AMTravellerAM
iansue86, Owner at Glenspean Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2013

Thank you for your lovely review, we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope we can welcome you back again in the future! Ian & Suzanne

Reviewed 10 June 2013

I really don’t know where to start, I just cannot praise Ian and Suzanne enough, and they are such a hard working pair who are so hospitable and welcoming. As a small family run hotel it takes some beating. The hotel is spotlessly clean, the food is very good & their attention to detail is second to none (like remembering at every meal that I don’t like big forks, ha ha).

We originally booked just three nights, and ended up extending it to six, we loved it so much.

We have stayed in many beautiful places in Europe, Switzerland, Italy, Austria, & Madeira to name just a few, and to me this area in the Scottish Highlands is right up there with them for beautiful scenery.

We really hope to go back again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
iansue86, Owner at Glenspean Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2013

Thank you so much for your lovely review, we enjoyed having you all and were still laughing for days after you left! we hope you will make it up here again one day! thanks once again Ian & Sue

Reviewed 10 May 2013

After only popping in for food on my last visit, I decided to make Glenspean Lodge the focal point of my visit to the highlands. It did not disappoint. My mother and I wanted a comfortable, reasonably priced hotel with beautiful scenic views and I knew this would be the perfect place. Wonderful, friendly staff, who just can't do enough for you. We stayed for 3 nights, bed and breakfast. The food was consistently good. I would recommend the fish and chips. Everything tasted so fresh and was clearly made to order. Our room was very clean, television and internet access and we made good use of the jacuzzi. As it is only 30 minutes from Fort William, it's in a prime location for hill walkers and mountain climbers alike. We will be returning next summer.
Thank you, Glenspean, for a wonderful break away from the "norm" :)

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
iansue86, Owner at Glenspean Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2013

Thank you for your lovely review! it was lovely to meet you both, hope your legs have recovered from all that walking! glad you enjoyed the hot tub, helps ease those aching muscles ha! we will be sure to keep it nice and hot for your return next year! glad you arrived home safely, many thanks

Reviewed 9 May 2013

As a rule I don't normally comment more than once on a particular hotel - the main reason being that if I didn't like it the first time round I wouldn't stay there again.

As we were that impressed on our first stay my wife and I booked into the hotel for a couple of days break last month - we loved the peace, tranquillity and first class service that we ended up staying for over a week!

Reading the previous review I felt obliged to put the record straight!

The couple running the hotel are probably two of the most conscientious owners / proprietors / 'mine hosts' that you could wish for in a hotel. Their attention to detail is superb and the interest in ensuring ones stay is perfect is, as far as I can judge, completely genuine! As for breaking into song and whistling a tune - yes, got to agree, this certainly happens but it certainly didn't appear to be anything but natural. A few singing lessons wouldn't go amiss however!

Our room was spotlessly clean, complete with a full array of complimentary teas, coffee's, hot chocolate, biscuits, and a fully working TV complete with dvd player. No spiders though which was pretty disappointing given the inspiration that one once provided local hero Robert The Bruce with so much inspiration! These little beasties can spin a web in under an hour so it is entirely possible that it appeared after cleaning??

Internet - managed to connect both an Ipad, a lap top and an Iphone throughout the hotel. Yes the signal was weak in some places, almost non existent standing at the bar (!), but in our room, the hotel lobby, and the sitting room, it was at full strength.

Every meal that we had in the hotel was superb! I cant comment on the 'form of eggs benedict' as I didn't try them. I did have the black pudding, every day, and it's the best I have ever tasted. Sausages for breakfast were good too. There were also mountains of different types of fruit, cereal, and crusty bread available.

I did try the fish and chips although the fish was more like a whale! I also had the steak and ale pie on THREE occasions. It was delicious and the BEEF was perfectly tender with very little, if any, fat and gristle. It was that good I even took the time to personally compliment the chef on it.

Although not a great sweet eater I did try, and loved, the pineapple pavlova!!

Perhaps the Peroni (which I didn't try although my wife did) was that good it resulted in the taste of the rest of the food being somewhat numbed?

All in all I have to say that our stay at the hotel was, again, beyond expectations.

One thing that never fails to amaze me however is why people, who work hard for their money, never seem to mention a problem to the hotels owners, proprietors etc at the time of their stay. From our past experiences at the hotel I am sure that had any of these 'problems' been mentioned they would have been instantly rectified! May be that this was the case in this instance but then it surely would have / should have been mentioned in the review?

As I said in my first review we have stayed in top class hotels all over the world and this one has got to be up there with the best of them!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Local_Hero1892
iansue86, Owner at Glenspean Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2013

Thank you both for choosing to stay with us once again, and thank you for your lovely review, it was nice of you to post such lovely comments about the hotel, we too get upset when certain people try to drag the hotel down when we try so very hard to keep it as nice as we can! as for Ians singing, yes a few singing lessons wouldnt go amiss ha! but wouldnt have him any other way! We hope if you are ever up this way in the future you will call this way, thank you once again!
Ian & Suzanne

Also consider these accommodations in or near Roybridge
Inverlochy Castle Hotel
#1 of 2 in Fort Augustus
Holly Tree Hotel
Holly Tree Hotel
#1 of 2 in Kentallen

Been to Glenspean Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!