“home from home”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Brora
Lochaill Guesthouse
Ranked #4 of 4 Brora B&B and Inns
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
“home from home”
Reviewed 9 January 2014

have been using this guest house for fishing trips since it opened, glorious setting, brilliant eco house, good food. really friendly owners. it is really nice to come back to this B & B after a days fishing and feel totally relaxed. the owners are very helpful and Mr Raper has a vast knowledge about the river brora and fishing in Sutherland.beautiful location would recommend this place to all to try

les cope

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank lesannecope

Families
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 November 2013 via mobile

I have never felt the need to leave a review on Trip Advisor until now. I booked this guesthouse for 1 night around 2 weeks in advance of a business trip.
After a hard days work, I found myself searching in the dark for the house for around 30 minutes (it is very secluded and no directions were provided) I eventually found it, there was no signage at the end of the road or at the road end. ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND.
To my horror, the guesthouse was in complete darkness, nobody home and nobody answering the telephone. I had to go to another house nearby and asked for advice, they informed me that the owners of the guest house had gone out (GREAT!). They too tried to contact the owners to no avail. Luckily at the last minute, this very nice couple recommended another local inn where I could stay for the night.
I am absolutely furious that I was left stranded by the owners of this guest house. They had my contact number and made no effort to contact me. I would recommend others to stay well clear of this unprofessional establishment. YOU WILL SPEND ALL NIGHT ON A TOUR OF THE HIGHLANDS TO FIND THE PLACE, AND WHEN YOU DO IT WILL BE CLOSED. Thanks a lot!

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
9 Thank David C
Reviewed 20 August 2013 via mobile

Easily one of the best B&Bs I've stayed in. Newly built 'Eco' house in a stunning location overlooking the River Brora. Modern en-suite rooms are fantastic. Excellent breakfasts and packed lunches available too. A perfect location for a fishing/walking trip to this gorgeous area.

Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Fifewalker
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 March 2013

I stayed at lochaill for a few days over easter and I can only say good things about it, the owners were lovely & friendly and made us feel very welcome. The house is a stunning modern house set within a beautiful backdrop of the scottish highlands, it is set right on the side of the river brora which is ideal for fishing (which is not for me) I purley enjoyed the peace and quiet. The rooms are clean and tidy and the breakfast was good quality and we were offered a large selection including the ususal cereals, full english breakfast etc.

All in all it was a brilliant holiday and we will definitly return soon

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank jeanette2199
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brora
Sutherland Inn Hotel
#4 of 10 in Golspie
Beech Tree Lodge B&B
Beech Tree Lodge B&B
#4 of 4 in Dornoch

Been to Lochaill Guesthouse? Share your experiences!