“Worth a visit”

The Birch Tree
Price range: US$6 - US$36
Cuisines: British, French
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: We are a bistro style restaurant located at Delny near Invergordon in the Highlands of Scotland. 'Our food philosophy is driven by our passion for cooking and the seasonal and sustainable produce that we source from our equally committed local producers and suppliers.' Wednesday to Sunday lunches Noon until 2pm Wednesday to Saturday Dinner 6pm until 10pm
Inverness, United Kingdom
“Worth a visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

We ate here with friends and I thought the food was terrific and would recommend to anyone. I can eat, but be warned, you'll know you've had three courses. Read comments about the furnishings? but I felt welcome and the place is not at all pretentious. Back to the food..my steak was as ordered medium rare. I can't remember the last time I ordered steak and got it exactly as I wanted. We were a party of 4 and everyone enjoyed their meal without exception. Why 4*. The service could have been a little more polished and it's not cheap. That said, staff were really pleasant and I'd eat there any time. Well done the Birch Tree

• Visited December 2013

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Timney / Holmes family meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

we have been to The Birch Tree a few times now with family. We have always had a lovely meal and the staff are very pleasant indeed. We would definitely recommend The Birch Tree if you are in The Highlands.

• Visited June 2014
Inverness, United Kingdom
“Amazing Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

Had lunch at The Birch Tree on a Saturday - there were only the three of us in the restaurant and I just don't know why?

This is one of the best meals that I have had in the area, with excellent service and nice surroundings.

Food was amazing, fresh and beautifully cooked. Portion size was just right and the price for the quality of food was unbelievable.

I highly recommend making the 30 - 40 minute drive out of inverness to visit this gem of a restaurant, you will not be disappointed!!

We will return again very soon.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank June M
“Tremendous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

Excellent food, flavours and textures. A bargain! OK, a little out of the way, but it is worth the journey. Not sure if they can make any profit at these prices but get there before too many people find out. Nice relaxed atmosphere and staff very attentive. Just go!

• Visited May 2014
“A birthday night out which was excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

We had booked a meal here after hearing all the positive comments locally and we weren't disappointed. From the moment we arrived, we were made to feel very welcome. The disabled access was very good too.

The food was excellent - I had the wood pigeon, steak and sticky toffee pudding and they were all out of this world. Everyone else's food was up to the same standard. I have recommended the restaurant to my parents who intend to pay a visit soon.

Visited May 2014