“We Hit A Home Run”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Invergordon Tours

Invergordon Tours
Ranked #1 of 10 things to do in Invergordon
More attraction details
Owner description: All of our guides are locally sourced and 100% organic giving you the very best experience of Scotland. They have lived and grown up here so they know the nooks and crannies better than anyone. Scotland's hidden gems and breathtaking landscapes await you! We love Scotland and our goal is to help you fall in love with it too.
Asheville, North Carolina
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“We Hit A Home Run”
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Gavin picked us up from the cruise ship in an immaculate BMW attired in kilt and full regalia. We had a limited time and he took us to some of the best spots on the trip. Have seen a lot of castles in my time but the Falconry Display at the castle was something never to be forgotten. He took us to multiple sites and stopped for lunch with us at our invitation in a local pub. Gavin stayed out of our way when necessary but otherwise was a knowledgeable happy guide. There were two of us and the ship's excursion for two was astronomically priced and saw half as much as we were able to with Gavin.

Visited August 2013
6 Thank John W
Gavin N, Owner at Invergordon Tours, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
Thank you for your lovely review and for choosing to spend your day touring the Highlands with Invergordon Tours. It makes us happy to show people the Scotland they wouldn't manage to see on one of the ship's excursions.

Daventry, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“From 5* ship to 5* Tour”
Reviewed 16 August 2013

On our cruise on the Queen Elizabeth as we were stopping for the day at Invergordon I looked for a tour of the Highlands on the internet and decided to book with Gavin Nicholson at Invergordon Tours. There were just the 2 in our party that was my daughter Linda and myself. I certainly made the right decision booking with Gavin as everything was perfectly arranged and worked like Clockwork. Our driver was William Bevis and he was waiting on the quayside for us as we disembarked and from then until he returned us back to the ship he made sure we had a wonderful.day. He was not only very knowledgable but also so helpful and kind One small example, for those who dont know Dunrobin castle the decent to the gardens to watch the falcon display involves many steps and as I suffer with chronic back problems and my daughter is currently struggling with bad knees.he arranged for a car to come and pick us up to save us having to struggle up all those steps. He also, whilst we were watching the falcon display, climbed back up the steps to go to his car to fetch an umbrella as it looked like rain. I can only thank Gavin and William for a great day in the Highlands we did so much and we will never forget it. Thank you.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Judith P
Gavin N, Owner at Invergordon Tours, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
We aim to please and creating an experience which compliments your cruise is exactly what Invergordon Tours is about. Whisking you from the port to beautiful magical places and making sure everything you need is taken care of throughout.

Thanks again for booking with us and for leaving such a lovely review.
San Diego, California, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“DON'T BOOK A TOUR WITH ANYONE ELSE!”
Reviewed 31 July 2013

We recently took a 12 day cruise of the UK and booked 9 tours through the ship and other tour companies. Gavin Nicholson with Invergordon Tour was heads and shoulders above ANY or the other tours we took! He was prompt, attentive and sensitive too all of our needs. My husband and I were traveling with our two teenage girls and Gavin customized our tour to tailor everyone's tastes! He took us off the beaten path on a countryside tour stopping at the Falls of Shin, the exquisite Dunrobin Castle & Hawk Show, a great shopping stop, delicious Scottish ice-cream for the girls, Clynelish Scotch Distillery for myself & husband, Dornock Beach, and a delicious meal along the coast. We did everything at our own pace without any rushing! It was a day my family will never forget!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Gerri8888
Inverness, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Outstanding service!”
Reviewed 2 August 2012

I approached Gavin in June 2012 to give my parents a special day out for their 25th wedding anniversary. Gavin was so quick and enthusiastic with his response. He suggested a brilliant day out for them to The Isle of Skye, with a fantastic 3 course champagne lunch at Kinloch lodge. Gavin was brilliant with the preparations for the special day, he allowed me to choose the right music for the journey and even snacks for their day. On the day Gavin was well presented in Highland dress, on time and so welcoming and attentive to my parents. Having never met Gavin before, they later said It felt like they had just gone out for the day with a friend. Gavin was such good value for money and offered such a luxurious and personal service that I don't think cold be mached anywhere else. I would definitely recommend Gavin for your special day!

Visited July 2012
3 Thank RachyJayne
Mandurah, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Invergordon Tours (Gavin Nicholson)”
Reviewed 16 July 2012

My wife and I used Invergordon Tours (Gavin Nicholson) in June 2012 for a day excursion. What a great day he gave us! Gavin met us at the Invergordon quayside dressed in his kilt with sporran, tartan tie, long socks with flashes, Highland dress shoes, and sky blue jersey. His luxury BMW was great and being just my wife and I, we were able to move quickly to include many more attractions than what the cruise line offered (on their day trips), and at a very much lower cost. We were not rushed at all. Gavin was extremely informative and couldn’t have been more friendly and obliging! (All the other tourists wanted to “borrow” our tall Highlander to have their photo taken with him!). Highly recommended! David – Mandurah, Western Australia.

Visited July 2012