“Totally magical experience”
Review of Invergordon Tours

Invergordon Tours
Ranked #2 of 12 things to do in Invergordon
More attraction details
Owner description: All of our guides are local men and women who are passionate about Scotland and sharing it with our guests. They have lived and grown up here so they know the nooks and crannies better than anyone. Scotland's hidden gems and breathtaking landscapes await you! We love Scotland and our goal is to help you fall in love with it too.
Reviewed 15 May 2014

My husband and I had a recent short break in the highlands and went on a tour with Invergordon Tours. It was such a special day, with beautiful scenery. It was our anniversary and Gavin our guide went out of his way to make our day memorable. We had champagne on Dornoch beach and felt like royalty all day (shame we had to come home).

Gavin N, Owner at Invergordon Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

It always touches me when people decide to share such a special occasion with me in the Highlands. I love organising little extras like champagne on the beach as I know the details are what make these days truly unforgettable.

Great to meet you both and I wish you many more happy years together!!

All reviews
in 7 reviews
"his job"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 23 October 2013

Our tour of the Highland area of Scotland was wonderful. We were greeted at our port by Will Beamis in full Scottish attire. Will drove us to all the areas we wished to see which included the fields of Culloden, Loch Ness, Urquhart Castle plus some areas he suggested. He was from the area and knew it well. Will was a pleasure to be with and we felt so lucky to have had this great experience.

2  Thank bobnmil

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. Will said he had a fantastic day with you both and I'm really happy we managed to tick all of your boxes for your day in the Scottish Highlands.

Reviewed 19 September 2013

I could say that Gavin was professional right from the start, because he was. I could say that he was prompt to meet us at the port, because it's true. I could even tell you about the wonderful places he took us, because they were. The thing is, these characteristics could be met by most any other tour, but Invergordon Private Tours is anything but any other tour. What you get instead of the ordinary is a behind the scenes exploration of a country that is obviously loved by your guide. My best friend and I were treated like family on a day of Scottish discoveries. In just one day full of laughter and surprises, I can honestly say we made a new friend and have many cherished memories to keep forever.

Oh and I now have a constant craving for haggis, if Gavin recommends you try it, give in :)

3  Thank Leanna M

You are too kind!! It was such a great day though, the sun was shining and you were both an absolute pleasure to spend the day with. I'll be sure to look you up when I finally make it over to Montreal.

Your friend, Gavin

Reviewed 17 August 2013

Gavin picked us up from the cruise ship in an immaculate BMW attired in kilt and full regalia. We had a limited time and he took us to some of the best spots on the trip. Have seen a lot of castles in my time but the Falconry Display at the castle was something never to be forgotten. He took us to multiple sites and stopped for lunch with us at our invitation in a local pub. Gavin stayed out of our way when necessary but otherwise was a knowledgeable happy guide. There were two of us and the ship's excursion for two was astronomically priced and saw half as much as we were able to with Gavin.

6  Thank John W

Thank you for your lovely review and for choosing to spend your day touring the Highlands with Invergordon Tours. It makes us happy to show people the Scotland they wouldn't manage to see on one of the ship's excursions.

See more reviews
Reviewed 16 August 2013

On our cruise on the Queen Elizabeth as we were stopping for the day at Invergordon I looked for a tour of the Highlands on the internet and decided to book with Gavin Nicholson at Invergordon Tours. There were just the 2 in our party that was my daughter Linda and myself. I certainly made the right decision booking with Gavin as everything was perfectly arranged and worked like Clockwork. Our driver was William Bevis and he was waiting on the quayside for us as we disembarked and from then until he returned us back to the ship he made sure we had a wonderful.day. He was not only very knowledgable but also so helpful and kind One small example, for those who dont know Dunrobin castle the decent to the gardens to watch the falcon display involves many steps and as I suffer with chronic back problems and my daughter is currently struggling with bad knees.he arranged for a car to come and pick us up to save us having to struggle up all those steps. He also, whilst we were watching the falcon display, climbed back up the steps to go to his car to fetch an umbrella as it looked like rain. I can only thank Gavin and William for a great day in the Highlands we did so much and we will never forget it. Thank you.

1  Thank Judith P

We aim to please and creating an experience which compliments your cruise is exactly what Invergordon Tours is about. Whisking you from the port to beautiful magical places and making sure everything you need is taken care of throughout.

Thanks again for booking with us and for leaving such a lovely review.