“absolute stunning by inver g by the sea” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Old Mill Restaurant - CLOSED

The Old Mill Restaurant
Cuisines: British, American, Indian, European, Scottish
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Barcelona, Spain
“absolute stunning by inver g by the sea”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

we came to Scotland on a cruise and we came into a little town called invergordon. we arrived at this restaurant and they had a good selection of scores cakes and biscuits i had a fruit scone its was so freshly baked it was absolute delightful. we also asked the waitress (who was very polite) if we can be noisey and see what was on the evening menu it was very interesting it was sort of between bar food and fine dining sort of the it looked lovely. i would highly recommend the restaurant 5 stars for me. thank you guys for a lovely time

• Visited April 2014

Invergordon
“5*”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

Ate here last night and I have to say it was a first class meal, if I had to sum it up in one word it would have to be SUPERB! But thankfully I can write more than one word in this review. Myself and two friends toddled along and we were welcomed by a friendly face where we went on to have the most exquisite three course meal and I can honestly say I have never ate so well on such a reasonable price. I love fish but am usually wary at taking it when out dining as can at times be overcooked but I was delighted to find this was not the case the fish was succulent yet flaky and with the most amazing melt in the mouth complementary sauce and served on a bed of potatoes to die for. My friends meals were as mine delicious. We felt so comfortable we sat for a further couple of hours after our meal just chatting and supping both the chefs Marc and Stefan ( who we met briefly ) are very talented and obviously have a true love of food to come up with such an amazing menu and delivered with 1st class presentation. What was the best part?? Let me see it was a toss up between the pate, mushrooms or goat cheese starters ( we all sampled each other's ) or was it the rainbow trout in orange sauce or the trout in a lemon and herb or hunters chicken or possibly chocolate aero MASSIVE cheesecake.......Mmmmm you know what it was all first class so well done to Shona and chefs we had a lovely evening and shall be back soon x

• Visited April 2014
Rochester, United Kingdom
“Traditional Scottish food and a warm welcome await.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

An amazing restaurant, serving the best haggis I've ever tasted. The warm family welcome, beautiful decor and FREE WIFI make this a must to visit. Thank you for a lovely meal!

“Brilliant night!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

I have been to the old mill a few times for a meal and have NEVER been disappointed. I was planning my partners 30th surprise party for Saturday, decided to use the old mill restaurant as they have a new function room and second bar, and they could hold the number of people I was inviting. I thought a buffet would be the best idea, I thought a few sausage rolls, a couple sandwiches etc. well was I not shocked when we arrived everyone was waiting in the new room it had been also decorated with banners and balloons, and the spread of food was outstanding, not only did the staff go out of their way to make the night special in every way. The buffet was amazing I could not believe what they had done for us, all freshly made and something for everyone! There were a few kids invited as well so the staff made a sweetie table specifically for them there was also colouring books and crayons laid out for them. The whole place was spotless, the staff were amazing I would highly recommend the Old Mill Restaurant for any occasion, the meals are excellent and the function room is stunning.

Burnley, United Kingdom
“Terrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

We had Christmas dinner here which was a very slow service but I cut them some slack as it was their first Christmas opening and they were busy, so we thought we would return for Mothers day dinner.....service was very very slow over an hour to get our mains (we didn't have starters).....only ours and one other table was occupied so they weren't rushed off their feet, plates had very little food, our daughter had more on her plate with her kids meal (which we were charged adult prices for)..took 2 1/2 hrs to have 2 courses....and to top it all....a workman arrives and starts doing jobs around the restaurant on his ladders while we were eating!!!!

So all in all....terrible day....not recommended!!

• Visited March 2014