The Old Mill Restaurant
Cuisines: European, Indian, Scottish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

We learned from the proprietress that this restaurant opened in September 2013. It still has a delightful scent of freshly sawn wood in the air. We were struck by the friendly staff, and how they hopped to it to get our order on the table.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

I have ate here 4 times now and I have enjoyed every meal I have tried so far. First visit was for valentines dinner and me and my partner had 2 steaks and a bottle of house wine for just £28. This was my first steak ever and I loved it! Second time I thought I thought I would give the chicken stuffed with haggis ago, again my first time, I thoroughly enjoyed that also. Third time I had the steak as I enjoyed it so much before, still as good as the first time trying it. Forth time I had the hunters chicken and that was delicious. I would highly recommend giving it ago and see for yourself.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

I was eager to try this place as had passed by it a few times and it sounded nice. First impressions I wasnt too keen as the staff were outside the front door smoking when we arrived which put me off a little bit. I didnt think there was a great choice for lunch, havent been for dinner so cant comment on that side of things. The food I would say was average nothing special but perhaps the dinner menu has more to offer. We might try again for a dinner. I didnt like it as much as alot of other restaurants in the area too because there are no nice views out the window and the interior looked a bit plain could do with jazzing up a bit a few more pictures etc as I think the design of a place gives a certain feel and this restaurant not the best. I had hoped it would be better.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

I cant say enough about this place, we found it this year even though we only live 11 miles away. So glad we did, my wife and I enjoy just the 2 of us But we also like to take the family and recently had my son and his 8 pals, all because it has a great menu, something for everyone and an exstensive specials board BUT the best thing about the Old Mill is the Staff are just so nice and even when busy are always friendly and helpful. Just go and try it for yourself

Reviewed 15 April 2014

I have been here many times and will be back. Very friendly staff and owner who is around a lot. Food is always good and great quality.