“Terrible owner”

Cuisines: European, Indian, Scottish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 1 November 2014

I was the first chef there that opened up with shona and she ripped me off also for money due aswell, I would advise anyone to stay clear as she doesnt deserve the good people of invergordons hard earned cash !!

Reviewed 10 September 2014

I was contacted last year to see if I would discos for the Old Mill Restaurant in Invergordon for the month of December, so I agreed to do these for Shona at great discounted rate as she was staring a new business, I had turned a lot of other discos as I was booked up. I turned up on the Friday to do the first disco which I was greeted by some really nice bar staff, and Shona the owner she then disappeared later on in the night so when I finished I asked the girls about payment for the disco and they said they weren't allowed to take money out of till so I thought well back in tomorrow night will get it then and surprise ,surprise Shona did the disappearing act at the same time on the Saturday night as well this went on for a few weekends as she kept promising that I would get it the next weekend, this went on until she owed me £450. Then her lies and stories and crap started with one excuse after another and she kept saying she had problems with card machines and it was all the banks fault and she would transfer the money, after a about 1 month I got a payment of £100 after 3 months I got another £200 still short of £150 which she still owes me despite loads of promises to pay me, I have since found out she has done this to lots of other suppliers and people doing work for this sad excuse of a business person, I would strongly advise anyone that was doing any kind of work for her to get money up front or be warned and receive nothing, I thought about walking in to her restaurant and ordering £150 of food and not Paying for it but that would be just down to her level if you can AFFORD to run a business stop trying to destroy other peoples businesses Very DISSAPOINTED IN YOUR ATTITUDE

8  Thank Gary T
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Friendly staff, good pub food, nice garden (close to road), great home baked bread and well known for its steaks. Liked the starters: good choice of fresh fish.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

On our cruise, at the port of Invergordon, everyone rushed to see Inverness...to be honest, we did the same. Thankfully, we stopped into this little cafe before returning to the ship. The owner, her son and daughter, who help after school, serve wonderful tea, sweets (homemade scones, cakes, flapjacks, etc) and hearty meals like the haggis that my daughter wanted to try. The food was wonderful! The charm and hospitality of the owner and her family was such a delight too. We would most definitely return to this cafe to try all her homemade specialties! YUM! And to spend more time in Invergordon, where all the people that we met were so warm and friendly!

2  Thank llollo62
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Me and my husband went to The Old Mill On Saturday night and the food was excellent as was the service. We paid £55.00 and had a starter and a main course each plus 2 bottles of wine which was exceptionally good value for money. I was also suprised to small area with a train set and another toy for children to play with which is a great idea for keeping little children entertained whilst you enjoy your meal. This place is a great place but does seem to need advertised a little better as unless you have heard its there you may not know to go along. There deals are also excellent but many people don't realise they have these facilities or a small childrens area which I would advise advertising aswell. When visit Invergordon often and will defiantly be back for another meal.