“Lovely is the only word that comes to mind”
Review of Restaurant at Delny House Hotel - CLOSED

Restaurant at Delny House Hotel
Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Inverness, United Kingdom
“Lovely is the only word that comes to mind”
Reviewed 4 April 2014

This was my first time at Delny house, and from the time we entered to the time we left, it was marvelous. The food was top notch as well as it was presented,and the staff were very friendly, very professional and nothing was too much to ask. all in all, a amazing restaurant and i would definitely go again.

• Visited March 2014

Inverness
“Has potential- a work in progress”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

This venue reopened in January under new ownership, at this time it doesn't live up to my last visit (a few years ago) but has potential.
Finding it may be difficult if you are not local- no signs on A9 and bad pot hole farm track.
Staff were welcoming- but arriving for a booked lunch at 1245, the menu's were not printed for the day.
Waiter was very quick in trying to take order, in that we hadn't even sat down before he asked about drinks, and within a couple of mins of receiving the menus he was back for the order. He also hovered until we put our cutlery on the plate before asking if he could clear them away. I don't think he was trying to rush us as place wasn't busy- just maybe a bit keen. One of the staff taking orders and serving hot dishes was a primary school aged child (who I assume is family). While for her age she undoubtedly did a good job, I felt this was an unprofessional image and not appropriate.
The food- The menu was quite simple (chicken, pork, beef and a fish dish) and there was lovely warm homemade rolls served. I was asked when booking re dietary requirements so they are willing to cater for all. No salt or pepper on the table although we were asked if we wanted condiments- well until I taste it I don't know, so to have the salt already there would have saved me having to ask after! The meals were nicely presented, veg a bit undercooked, but mainly perfectly decent fare.
If the owners are looking to create what this premises used to be then they aren't there yet. However I got the impression this is maybe a new venture and there isn't the experience but it is still early days. It was reasonable value and it's nice to have a family run business rather than some hotel chain.
So to sum up- There is definite room for improvement but I would go back!

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Ross12Inverness
Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
“First night out in ages”
Reviewed 22 February 2014

An absolutely fantastic meal, I would highly recommend this restaurant to locals and visitors. The meal, drinks, service and atmosphere were excellent.

3 Thank Suzanne M
Tain, United Kingdom
“Valentines meal”
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Our first visit it was first class from the min we entered, doors opened for us by the wonderful staff very warm welcome.food was amazing local produce chef happily came and chatted away complements to the chef and all the staff well well worth a visit made our night will be back.

3 Thank Gail U
Invergordon, United Kingdom
“valentines night dinner ...mmmmm”
Reviewed 14 February 2014

just had the valentines dinner at Delny House and I have to say it was absolutely lovely...
The staff were very attentive and made us feel very welcome. I had the pork belly to start followed by the venison. I have to say that was the best pork belly i have ever had!!!!. The venison was really tender, and I can wholeheartedly recommend the sticky toffee pud. will definitely be going back

2 Thank Marie C