“Lovely meal”

Lochleven Seafood Cafe
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Onich
Price range: US$7 - US$128
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Lochleven Seafood Café, Deli and Gift Shop is situated on the north shores of beautiful Loch Leven (on the B86 in North Ballachulish) on the west coast in the Highlands of Scotland. Allowing the sea loch and mountain views to take centre stage alongside our simple yet elegant seafood dishes, our café is designed modest and unamusing. Live shellfish for our family run Restaurant and Deli is kept in onsite seawater tanks where the water is pumped continuously from the cold clean sea-loch on our shore. After being caught locally by our own fishing boats, the shellfish is stored in these tanks. This allows our Chefs to access the freshest possible west coast seafood for the Restaurant and our Deli. NEW for 2018 glass fronted Coffee Shop, Bar & Waiting are with stunning view.
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Visited here twice during our fortnight's holiday. I liked the presentation of the food and don't be fooled into thinking the soup is expensive - it is awash with seafood. Nice settings with a shop and if the gates are open you can take a look in to see the fish being kept ready for distribution (but it is wet), my five year old loved it in there. But back to the food - as I always state in my reviews I have coeliac's disease so I have to be confident and although the waiting staff weren't, the chef was so that's good. Service is a little slow and not all staff are as nice as others - second visit I had to keep catching the young lad's eye to bring things to the table. A little pricey but nice.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,134)

Reviewed 24 August 2014

We enjoyed a fantastic lunch at this cafe/ Very fresh seafood and excellent preparation and presentation.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

Had booked at a guest house in Kinlochleven and saw the Cafe as we drove there what luck! I was advised to book so I did and returned later. Staff were excellent but the food was wonderful, such a treat. I don't think I have ever had such succulent scallops I had to ask for a spoon so I could get more of the sauce! The lobster was very good and the pannacotta brilliant we had such a good time. Thank you...

Reviewed 24 August 2014

We was looking forward to experiencing a meal here to be turned away! I was in utter shock!
When we had finished a forestry walk near by we decided to go straight there, we had our dog with us so sitting outside was our best option. When I went inside I checked with a lady if dogs could sit near the outside table with us, if not I will leave him in the car etc... to be told sorry we cannot serve you outside? when I asked why as you clearly offer this option she mentioned the midges might get attracted. This is fine advise but it was our choice to make and we would of been happy sitting outside.

I think more that we was judged for wearing our hiking cloths...albeit very expensive hiking cloths. Never judge a book by its cover. interesting to see only 2 tables being dined at?!.

3  Thank L916
Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

We had the lunch special - the best fish cakes in the world. Ordered a rather large portion of scallops cooked to perfection, with some Spanish influences.

With some excellent wine, lunch was spectacular with an even more special view of Loch Leven.