“Excellent Hotel”

Erskine Bridge Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Erskine
Reviewed 10 December 2013

I stayed at the Erskine Bridge Hotel through work on 2nd and 3rd of December. I stay away in hotels during the week for work and I have to say that this is one of the best hotels I have stayed in a long time. Yes the hotel does need some updating but this is more than made up for by the staff friendliness and customer service. I must make a special mention to Lorna who went that extra mile when my car developed a puncture and was recovered to Kwik Fit, while I was asking how long taxis would take to get me from one place to another she offered to drop the keys into Kwik Fit, then texted me to say this was done and that a mechanic would call me to confirm the work that needed doing. This saved me a great deal of time and was a huge relief as I was rushing to get to work during rush hour. I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough and will definitely be staying here again when next in Glasgow.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank DJH1191
There are newer reviews for Erskine Bridge Hotel

Reviewed 9 December 2013

The staff, service and enjoyment at this hotel is all fairly good, but I feel that the hotel itself needs a bit of an update.
The public areas are all very clean, tidy and well kept (in general), but there's a couple of things that could be improved.

The lifts kept jamming and the doors had to be forced open at one stage through the night. There was torn carpets and tatty areas. Nothing that would affect a stay, but it would be nice to see it restored a bit.

The rooms were lovely and the TV's could be doing with being renewed to flat screens, but again nothing that would stop a good nights sleep or a decent stay.

My biggest area for improvement was breakfast. I felt that the breakfast host could have been both a little bit more friendly, and bit more helpful. The quality of breakfast was just ok. Orange juice was not nice, and the 5 jugs of water were all empty. Meanwhile there were 3 or 4 staff standing about chatting.

It was all in a good stay, but I think with a few improvements the hotel could have gained another 5 star review.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 December 2013

I stayed here for a week in August 2013. I'll keep the review short as I really don't have any special to say about it!

Very dated, very busy with coach tourists, many from other countries where manners are quite clearly not encouraged. This makes checking in or out interesting, let alone asking for anything at reception!

Room was nothing special, free WiFi was not existing in my room near the centre of the building.

Food quality was poor, I only ate my inclusive breakfast on one morning, that was enough!

There are only two lifts and one of those was permanently broken, the 'working' one was interesting, kind of take your life in your hands interesting!

Staircase was something I'd expect to find in an inner city multi-storey car park.

Plenty of parking space although I did manage to pick up three door dents and a bumper scuff during the week from others parked next to me.

I couldn't not recommend this hotel enough!

Room Tip: The best room to choose is in another hotel
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Piran
Reviewed 7 December 2013

My colleague and I, were staying at the Erskine Bridge hotel due to work commitments over the weekend of the 6th & 7th December. We were encountered by a room with wallpaper hanging off the wall and holes in our bedroom carpet. We were booked into a twin room, after arriving we were told our twin room was not available and only a double. The hotel staff did offer to put up a fold away bed for my colleague.
We choose to ignore our grievance and went down to the hotel bar, where we had a few beers after work. There was function, We had asked previously to the receptionist if there were any tickets left to that function. We were told politely no. So my colleague and I proceeded to drink in the hotel bar and foyer. After a few hours we were curious where all people were walking to and decided to have a walk around the hotel grounds. We passed through 2 doors, into a main room, within 15 seconds a man dressed in a security uniform approached us and asked our business. We replied we were patrons of the hotel and were just having a look around. We were then quite rudely made aware it was a private party and we're not allowed in that area of the hotel. So we left and
continued to sit in hotel lobby. After 10 minutes or so the man who kicked us out walked passed so we questioned him on his decision to vacate us from the party. To which he replied "you two might get trouble in there!" As we're are English and working away from home we were very surprised with his answer and can only come away thinking due to our English accent we were discriminated against by the hotel. Approximately 10 minutes after the manager with the man who kicked us out of the function approached us asking my friend and i, if there was a grievance? We felt very intimidated and felt as if we had been persocuted for something we had done wrong for merely wandering around the hotel. After a heated debate with the manager he left when we mentioned we would write our experiences into a tripadvisor review. We were very saddened that just because of our English accents we were refused to look around the hotel. If there had been any signs of a private party we would not have entered accordingly. Our stay has left us feeling very empty

• Stayed: December 2013
4  Thank MatThorogood
erskinegm, Manager at Erskine Bridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

The hotel strongly disagrees with this review and has contacted Tripadvisor for it to be removed as it violates posting guidelines.

Reviewed 6 December 2013 via mobile

Me and my husband recently stayed overnight for a Christmas party night.

We tend to stay at 4 and 5* so this isn't the best hotel we have stayed at the beds aren't too comfy and there were broken bits off the bath in the bathroom it also has the most annoying lift were you can hear it all night but there are some good points the breakfast is really good a lot of selection, the rooms are clean and there is a lovely pool and sauna overall of it didn't have these few good points I would have given it below average.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Stayed for one night before early flight. Problem getting there due to road works so decided to eat in instead of trying to find somewhere else. Big mistake only had bar meal as restaurant too pricy for me! Chose sandwiches and one bowl of chips which cost £14.45. My husband had beef and I chose Ayrshire Ham and both meats were like cheap pre-packed supermarket meat.
Can't fault the rooms warm and comfortable and had good sleep. Car parking was included for one week and were given taxis to and from airport so was quick transfer.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Stayed here in early October 2013, using the 'Park and stay' facility. The overall impression of this hotel is that it is a tad scruffy and could do with a good makeover // refurbishment. The room was as one would expect, although a little drab in appearance. The warm air central heating ( air conditioning ? ) was very noisy. We arranged to leave our car at the hotel whilst we were away and to be ferried to and from Glasgow airport via the hotel's shuttle bus service. All went well until we returned after our holiday, when we were left stranded at the airport. (Not really what one wants after a long journey home !!) Apparently whilst we were away, the hotel had changed it's shuttle service and in spite of the fact that they had specifically requested our contact details and return flight details when we first arrived before our holiday and they had been furnished with our mobile phone numbers, no-one at the hotel contacted us to explain our collection details. The first shuttle bus that arrived to collect us, was full and so we waited for the next. When that arrived, we were refused entry to the shuttle bus by the driver and were then informed of the changes. We had to contact the Erskine Bridge Hotel who told us of the changes and arranged a taxi to collect us and return us to the hotel. When I arrived back at the hotel I voiced my disappointment to the manager, whom I found pleasant, but unhelpful and unsympathetic. In summary, we paid for a specific service, which sadly was very lacking. However, a reasonably priced and conveniently situated hotel for the airport.

Room Tip: Do they have one ?
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jegs21
Also consider these accommodations in or near Erskine
Normandy Hotel
Travelodge Dumbarton
Travelodge Dumbarton
#2 of 4 in Dumbarton
Premier Inn Glasgow Airport

Been to Erskine Bridge Hotel? Share your experiences!