“Cheap and cheerful”

Erskine Bridge Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Erskine
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Cheap and cheerful is probably the best way to describe this hotel. If your staying for one night and you don't need anything flash it's just for you. The deep fat fried spring rolls are not fresh as stated and the food is delivered just a little to quick to be prepped from scratch. I stayed on the 6th floor, the room was dated but clean however the corridor was an awful shade of bright orange (I can only think it's to stop parties in the corridor) on a positive side the little gym and pool, along with the gym staff, are very present and friendly. If they spent some money doing this place up they would have a nice little place worth staying at. Summary- leisure facilities ok, rooms basic, food not good.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Keith H
erskinegm, Front Office Manager at Erskine Bridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Thank you for the review of your stay at the Erskine Bridge Hotel and Spa and I am very disappointed to learn that your experience fell short of your expectations in some areas, I will make sure all relevant members of the team are informed of your comments. I am however pleased that you found our staff to be pleasant & friendly.
We very much appreciate your feedback and will use it to make improve our performance.

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and your feedback and I do hope you will return to our hotel.

Kind regards, Irene Mitchell,
Front Of House Manager.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,439)

Reviewed 18 January 2014

I actually statey at the hotel on Christmas eve I arrived quite late but the staff on the reception were really warm and welcoming. The room was warm, modern, clean and spacious the bed was so comfortable, I would have easily stayed there the whole day if it wasnt Christmas day. It was a buffet style breakfast which was fantastic!! being back in Scotland had to order some haggis as part of the breakfast, if your staying at the hotel Id definitely recommend it!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
erskinegm, Manager at Erskine Bridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Thank you very much for writing this lovely review and awarding us full marks. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 16 January 2014

Booked for a stay and fly including parking. Room was clean and bed comfy, a little rough around the edges, but very good for the price. Excellent value (was cheaper for the room and parking than for parking alone). Transfers quick and convenient. All in all would use again for an early flight.

Room Tip: I was on the first floor in one of the recently refurbished rooms.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us here at the hotel. I am glad to hear you found our park and fly packages of good value and we hope to have you back in the near future.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

We stayed here and attended the Hogmanay Gala Ball and after paying over 200 pounds between my partner and I we were left a bit disappointed.

The room we were in was tiny, I had stayed here before so I know there are better rooms so was a bit annoyed at being in one of the tiny ones considering we had booked many months in advance!

The meal at the gala ball was not very nice. The soup was the best part of it and the main course was the worst. For 75 pounds per person it was really un-impressive and not worth the money!

The bar prices are a joke too! I live down south and have paid far less in hotels than we were being charged here!

Overall the hotel really needs a facelift and if they expect people to keep coming back for the parties then they should really try harder.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Aimi M

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us here at the hotel. I'm sorry we did not meet your expectations in regards to your stay. The feedback we received from the 300+ guests who attended our Hogmanay Ball was extremely positive and again I can only apologise we did meet with your expectations.

I would appreciate any detailed feedback in regards to the meal as we value our guests opinions and if improvements can be made we will certainly try our best to do so.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

Having business at the hotel, I made a very last minute reservation direct with the hotel when delays meant I wouldn't make it to my original destination and back and obtain any decent amount of sleep otherwise.

Check-in staff after midnight were very friendly and courteous, as were all I encountered during my stay. They are a real credit to the hotel. The hotel was nice, the room was perfectly reasonable, clean with a comfortable bed, a good shower and nice toiletries, and a great view of the bridge itself. There was little sound insulation and you could hear people moving about in their rooms the following morning so if you sleep light that may be an issue. Word to the wise: remember to put your "please do not disturb" sign on your door as housekeeping are chirpily efficient first thing.

My only bugbear is that the wrong amount was charged to the credit card and despite assurances the extra was not refunded when promised. A further phonecall and this should be rectified soon.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the bridge - it really is something!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the hotel. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us here at the hotel.

Please contact me directly at the hotel should you require any assistance in rectifying our charge error. Sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

we were at the gala last year and stayed over. it was excellent .the rooms,the food, the entertainment,the breakfast is buffet style so suited everyone. it was so good more of my family and friends joined us this year. a bit unsure about recomending it too much incase we dont get booked this time.????? although we did enjoy the group more last year.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Nice friendly scotish hotel with scotish food.Excellent leisure facility and pool. I would like to stay there again. Nice bar with food. Every room has a view of river Clyde. Excellent parking facility. Good value for money.

Room Tip: All the rooms have a view of river clyde.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Erskine
Normandy Hotel
Travelodge Glasgow Airport
Ingliston Country Club
Ingliston Country Club
#2 of 2 in Bishopton

Been to Erskine Bridge Hotel? Share your experiences!