“Service is a disgrace”

Erskine Bridge Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Erskine
Reviewed 15 February 2014

The hotel has very poor service, rooms are very dated only good thing about it was the view at night. The tv in the room only had channels 1-5, shower head was broken, wallpaper peeling from the walls and could really be doing with some fresh paint. Then there was the service, booked into the restaurant for dinner after taking our drink and food order, 45 mins and 2 reminders later we still hadn't had our drink, baring in mind there was only 5 tables being used and 4 staff members floating about. Our main meal which was steak arrived before our drinks. Then had to wait another 5 mins for steak knife and a further 5mins on the pepercorn sauce. It took a trip to reception before we got our drinks. The reception and management staff were very apologetic even offering a free over stay (date of my choice) It was my 1st time staying here and I definitely will not be returning not ever for the free night they offered

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank broxii
erskinegm, Front Office Manager at Erskine Bridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Thank you for the review of your stay at the Erskine Bridge Hotel and Spa. Please accept my apologies for the problems you experienced both with service & your accommodation.
We are currently in the process of replacing our televisions & carrying out remedial repairs to our rooms to improve the issues that you highlighted.
I believe that our Restaurant Manager spoke with you regarding the issues you had at dinner & thought that he had helped to resolve your complaint at the time, I do apologise that this is not the case.
I hope that you will take up the offer of a complimentary stay to give us the chance to show you that we can offer a much better service,

Reviewed 10 February 2014

My fiancé and I booked in here for a night away from the kids to just relax. The décor is horrible really needs to be brought up to date!!!! The walls on our floor were a horrible green colour and the tartan carpet is thread bare in some spots. The room was basic but we didn't expect anything spectacular at the price we paid.
Used the spa/pool area went in to the steam room then walked out into the pool area and almost went into cardiac arrest due to the cold. I did try to go into the pool but felt as if I was being stabbed because it was sooooo cold.
We didn't have food as we had booked into a local pub for dinner. I would come back just for a night away from the kids but I think next time we might just book somewhere in Glasgow, which is a shame as the hotel has so much potential.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us at Erskine Bridge Hotel and Spa and for choosing to stay with us. Please accept my apologies for the problems you experienced with our leisure facilities. We have been experiencing some problems with the heating system for the pool area & are currently awaiting parts to make the repairs possible.
We are also carrying out a program of remedial works to public areas & rooms to improve areas which may seem tired.

I hope that you will give us another chance to improve your opinion of our hotel.

Reviewed 9 February 2014

Stayed at this hotel for my fiancé birthday. We booked through great deals offer. The hotel dated and the bar area is like something you would find in Benidorm. We arrived at 2pm our room wasn't ready. When we did check in. Not one smile from staff front of house. She gave us key card didn't tell us what time check out was, where the spa area was what time breakfast was and what time. Went upstairs to a corridor that looks like something from the shinning. As part of the deal there was wine included. The wine I selected wasn't in room I had to go downstairs to change it because the telephone in the room had been pulled out the wall and we couldn't get it back in. I asked for an iron for my finance at reception and thy said they would put in room. Came back to room to find an old iron board and an iron that was a hazard the bottom was broken with wires hanging out. Because no one told us what time breakfast was I used mobile to call reception to ask for breakfast times and check out times. When we did check out still no friendly warm staff asking how our stay was!!! It's the little things that counts. This hotel needs to sort it's self out. A facelift and staff trained in customer service. How it gets away with calling itself a 3 star cosmopolitan hotel Ill never know!! :(

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Twinnies20

Thank you for the review of your stay at the Erskine Bridge Hotel and Spa. Please accept my apologies for the poor level of service you received at check in & check out. Guidelines on the information that should be given to guests at check in & customer service have been reissued to all reception staff. The maintenance issues with your room have been repaired but it is regrettable that we were unable to remedy this during your stay. We very much appreciate your feedback and will use it to ensure the same does not happen to any other guest.

Reviewed 8 February 2014

We book at last minute break to the Erskine Bridge Hotel using British airways for New Year's Eve! The hotel itself is really quite nice and offers a lot to its customers! The staff are ever so friendly, helpful and welcoming and this is also the case with the 'spa' facility staff at the hotel too.

The bedroom was spacious however we did feel it was due an upgrade; who doesn't have a flat screen television these days? In addition to this the bathroom was quite basic and a bit dull!

The hotel is situated in lovely hillside grounds however we believe that car hire is essential in order to visit the city at ease and other sites! I personally wouldn't recommend taking the bus from the airport- it takes you through some very off putting estates that make your stomach churn!

Breakfast is full English/Scottish and it is as much as you can eat- what a bonus! Obviously we could only manage one plate! Also the bar food is of a very high standard and well worth the price! The bar staff are lovely!

We took full advantage of the pool and steam room facilities on offer on New Year's Day! It's great that guest can use it free of charge! The pool is clean and gym area is very up-to-date.

For us, the only downside was the other guests! It's a shame that hotels can't assess potential guessed prior to booking as I'm sure the management wouldn't intend to accept such loud, unruly 'commoners' that we had to share a floor with!

Finally, the lift didn't work so we had to use the fire escape to get to and from our room. This got a bit wearing towards the end of the trip!

All in all a lovely weekend away for New Year's Eve and we would recommend it to others!

• Stayed: December 2013

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our breakfast and leisure facilities and that you feel you received great service. I am sorry that your were disappointed with your room. We are currently in the process of replacing our older televisions and carrying out remedial works to our rooms, so hopefully on a future stay you will find these facilities improved. Please also accept my apologies for the lifts being out of order for an extended period, which was due to a limited repair call out service over the festive period.

Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

Poor hotel room despite the supposed referbishment. The bed mattress was hard, there were large stains on the carpet, and the noise from the outside air conditioning made sleep impossible. Breakfast selection not the best, with food looking like it had been standing for a long time. I only stayed for one night thankfully,and won't be returning.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Carol S

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at the Erskine Bridge Hotel and Spa. Please accept my apologies that your stay was so disappointing.
We have now introduced frequent quality checks to our breakfast service following your comments to ensure that it is always of the highest standard. We are also now carrying out a program of remedial works to our rooms. I do hope you will consider us again in the future and allow us the opportunity to change your opinion of our hotel.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

Stayed at the Erskine Bridge Hotel in December for one night (Saturday). We were going to a concert in the Hydro that evening and would have liked a meal before we left but the restaurant did not open until 6.30pm. There were lots of people looking for food and Bar Food was available all of which looked unappetising except for fish and chips. When I finally got to the bar to order foog there was no fish left. This was 4.30 pm.The poor bar staff were overworked trying to take food orders, drink orders, and also serve food. There were two bus loads of people plus regular guests and the hotel did not have enough staff available. Our friends who were with us had to change rooms because their first room was filthy. One of the two lifts broke down and the following day it was still broken. There were several people who could not manage the stairs and the queue for a lift was long. I was told the lift maintainence workers did not work on weekends so what was the point in having them under contract. You won't find me back at this hotel ever again.

Room Tip: Don't get a room next to the lifts as you will hear them all night.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank albuntin

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Erskine Bridge Hotel and Spa. I am sorry to find that your stay with us was disappointing and for that please accept my apology.
On the night of your stay we were unprepared for the volume of guests wishing to eat in the hotel as we had not been made aware of the early arrival time of two coaches by their tour operator. This in turn led to a shortage in some items on the menu & longer than usual waiting times, which I can only apologise for.
With regards to our lift being out of service, the maintenance company was called as soon there was a fault but their attendance times & it's repair was ultimately out of our hands.
The condition of your friend's room was not acceptable & steps have been taken to ensure that the cleanliness of our rooms is always of the highest standard. I do hope you will consider us again in the future and allow us the opportunity to change your opinion of our hotel.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

Stayed here once again for there stay, park and fly service and would like to say a big thank you once again for the fantastic service you provide we use it all the time and look on it as an extra day on to our holiday, the service you provide is first class and hassle free, highly recommend.

Room Tip: Best way to start your holiday
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you feel you received great service. Our staff take great pride in their work and very much appreciate your feedback.

Front of House Manager.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Erskine
Normandy Hotel
#2 of 4 in Dumbarton
Ingliston Country Club
Ingliston Country Club
#2 of 2 in Bishopton

Been to Erskine Bridge Hotel? Share your experiences!