“Nice enough”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Erskine
Glasgow
“Nice enough”
Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed for one night as part of a deal. Not quite the luxury expected. We did not elect to get spa treatments but we're unable to spend much time in the pool as it was freezing and the sauna was the size of a small garden shed fitting 4 people if you are lucky. The hotel and rooms were clean and tidy however overall very dated. Old tv with 5 channels and a couple of tatty bits of furniture. Although the bathroom was nice and spotless. Breakfast was buffet and very nice.

• Stayed February 2014
erskinegm, Front Office Manager at Erskine Bridge Hotel, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Erskine Bridge Hotel and Spa. I am sorry to find that your stay with us was disappointing and did not meet your expectations. I will pass on your comment to all relevant members of the team and ensure all points are actioned upon. I do hope you will consider us again in the future and allow us the opportunity to change your opinion of our hotel.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we do hope to welcome you back in the future.

Front of House Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (318)
  • Polish first
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 February 2014

We booked last minute before an early morning departure from the airport. Competent and friendly staff checking in on arrival, clean room, wholesome food, car parking whilst away and transfer to airport. All logistics like clockwork.

If you want somewhere as a stopover before an early morning check in, I'd definitely recommend the Erskine Bridge.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for your review.
I was delighted to read your review of our hotel today and can only thank you for your kind comments. We have a fantastic team of staff who work tirelessly to provide our guests with a friendly and enjoyable experience each time they stay with us.

Front of House Manager
Ayrshire
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Stayed overnight on a deal with a friend and couldn't have enjoyed it more. Everything went smoothly from check in/checkout and in between was brilliant. Rooms were spotlessly clean and with fluffy robes wine and chocolates in deal equals 2 happy bunnies. Staff are all pleasant friendly and helpful. Special mention to Derek in bar for his cocktail skills, bar food was tasty and quite a good selection. Used the swimming pool etc and only complaint was that water was quite cold.Went to restaurant at night and must say the food was excellent and was pleasantly surprised. Enjoyed a full cooked breakfast in morning good selection of hot/cold foods with staff bringing fresh tea/coffee to table when required. All in a very enjoyable break and would definitely return.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
erskinegm, Front Office Manager at Erskine Bridge Hotel, responded to this review, 22 February 2014

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Booked hotel mainly for car parking whilst on holiday and flying from Glasgow. Good quality hotel in lovely location. Enjoyed walk along river clyde before flying. Price did not include breakfast but cost was minimal and excellent value. Very clean with friendly helpful staff. Advertised shuttle bus no longer available but hotel provide courtesy taxi to and from airport so exceptional value. Cost of room, breakfast, parking and transport to and from airport was cheaper than just parking at any of the car parks. Only criticism was the colour of the walls in the corridors, looked like war surplus but didn't detract from stay.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
erskinegm, Front Office Manager at Erskine Bridge Hotel, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you feel you received great service. Our staff take great pride in their work and very much appreciate your feedback.

Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I took my daughter here for her 30th for a spa overnight break. We managed to get a really good deal from Groupon. We had a lovely room (thankfully not too close to the lifts as I have read comments on here with regards to the noise) with a brilliant view of Erskine Bridge. My daughter had a few treatments in the spa from Yvonne who was fantastic and very friendly. The only downside was that they had a problem with the pool and they were waiting for a part (it happens I suppose) which made the pool absolutely freezing but for what we paid for the break we couldn't really complain! I would go back if I got another groupon deal.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Please accept my apologies for the maintenance issues that we have been experiencing with our pool, our engineers are working on the repairs today so hopefully this issue should be resolved by your next visit.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 February 2014

The hotel has very poor service, rooms are very dated only good thing about it was the view at night. The tv in the room only had channels 1-5, shower head was broken, wallpaper peeling from the walls and could really be doing with some fresh paint. Then there was the service, booked into the restaurant for dinner after taking our drink and food order, 45 mins and 2 reminders later we still hadn't had our drink, baring in mind there was only 5 tables being used and 4 staff members floating about. Our main meal which was steak arrived before our drinks. Then had to wait another 5 mins for steak knife and a further 5mins on the pepercorn sauce. It took a trip to reception before we got our drinks. The reception and management staff were very apologetic even offering a free over stay (date of my choice) It was my 1st time staying here and I definitely will not be returning not ever for the free night they offered

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank broxii
Thank you for the review of your stay at the Erskine Bridge Hotel and Spa. Please accept my apologies for the problems you experienced both with service & your accommodation.
We are currently in the process of replacing our televisions & carrying out remedial repairs to our rooms to improve the issues that you highlighted.
I believe that our Restaurant Manager spoke with you regarding the issues you had at dinner & thought that he had helped to resolve your complaint at the time, I do apologise that this is not the case.
I hope that you will take up the offer of a complimentary stay to give us the chance to show you that we can offer a much better service,

Front of House Manager.

Travellers are raving about these Erskine hotels

Erskine, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 February 2014

My fiancé and I booked in here for a night away from the kids to just relax. The décor is horrible really needs to be brought up to date!!!! The walls on our floor were a horrible green colour and the tartan carpet is thread bare in some spots. The room was basic but we didn't expect anything spectacular at the price we paid.
Used the spa/pool area went in to the steam room then walked out into the pool area and almost went into cardiac arrest due to the cold. I did try to go into the pool but felt as if I was being stabbed because it was sooooo cold.
We didn't have food as we had booked into a local pub for dinner. I would come back just for a night away from the kids but I think next time we might just book somewhere in Glasgow, which is a shame as the hotel has so much potential.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us at Erskine Bridge Hotel and Spa and for choosing to stay with us. Please accept my apologies for the problems you experienced with our leisure facilities. We have been experiencing some problems with the heating system for the pool area & are currently awaiting parts to make the repairs possible.
We are also carrying out a program of remedial works to public areas & rooms to improve areas which may seem tired.

I hope that you will give us another chance to improve your opinion of our hotel.

Front of House Manager.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Erskine
Normandy Hotel
The Glynhill Hotel & Leisure Club
Mar Hall Golf & Spa Resort
Holiday Inn Glasgow Airport
Gleddoch Hotel, Spa & Golf

Been to Erskine Bridge Hotel? Share your experiences!