“Lovely hotel,”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Erskine
St Helens, United Kingdom
“Lovely hotel,”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

A great location within 5 mins drive of Erskine Bridge. We stayed here for One night on the way up to Scotland Islands for a tour. It was a clean and friendly hotel. The rooms were good sized and very comfy. Would stay again if in the area.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
erskinegm, Manager at Erskine Bridge Hotel, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Thank you for your very positive review, we are glad you found the location of the hotel an ideal base for the start of your tour of the highlands.

A warm welcome awaits you on your return to the hotel.

Navjeet Purewal

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (323)
  • Polish first
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We recently stayed here at a great deal price. £49, yes that's all it was for an overnight stay for 2 with breakfast, a bottle of bubbly on ice and a box of truffles in the room when we arrived..We even had full use of the leisure facilities.. The staff were very welcoming. Dinner in the restaurant was delicious..We can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: All rooms look onto the river Clyde and beyond.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review. I am delighted to see you have awarded us full marks in your review.

A warm welcome awaits you on your return to the hotel.

Burnley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

There appears to be some efforts to renovate the hotel, but it has clearly been done on a budget and some of the colour schemes are truly shocking (6th floor). Rooms were basic and the bed particularly uncomfortable. There seemed to be little sound proofing, I was staying in a room at the far end of the corridor from the lift, but could hear it operating throughout the night. The food was basic, but the staff in the restaurant were pleasant. The room and bathroom were both clean.

Room Tip: Try and get as far away from the lift as possible
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Janet H
Thank you for your review. Your feedback is welcomed and will be used to ensure we improve on our overall guest experience.

I am pleased you found the staff pleasant. Should you have any further requirements to use the hotel please feel to contact me directly at the hotel.

Navjeet Purewal

Travellers are raving about these Erskine hotels

Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

I recently traveled to this hotel for buisness. Upon arrival I was booked in quicky. Opening the door to the hotel room I noticed another customers belongings. I then went to reception to complain as the had double booked the room. I was assured the problem would be sorted and I went for dinner. I ordered a cottage pie and found a seat. The food order came quickly and I have given a fish pie, the waiter apologied and went back to the kitchen. When my dinner arrived it was not very appetising but by this point I had given up so left the bar to go back to reception. I was given another room key. When arriving at my second room I was greeted with a lady in her pajamas lieing on her bed. Highly embarrassing I apologied and went back to wait at reception. The receptionest apologised yet again and I was given a family room. This room thankfully had no guests but was in terrible state. Holes in the roof, walls and blue bath had a mirror above it. All very strange but I went to sleep. Bed was comfy but window was making whistling noises all night. Woke up in the morning to find shower was not working, hot tap in the bath room only output cold water. Was highly dissapointed. Breakfast was average but no major fault. When I checked out I was given no apology for my poor experience. Will not stay at this hotel again and have advised colleagues to avoid.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Emma R
Hi Emma,

I would like to sincerely apologise for the series of errors on our part during the check in process and your room allocation. Your comments will be passed and discussed with our front of house manager to ensure there is no repeat in future.

Should you wish to discuss this further with me please do not hesitate to contact me at the hotel.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

The travel agency choose this hotel for us. The hotel in a very good location, you can see the bridge and river from the window in you room.
But the room is a little mass when we got into the room. And I saw the hotel's name is the hotel and spa, so my mom and I decided to do a spa treatment here, but when we got here they told us they only have one staff here,so can not do the any treatment today. This is very disappointed to my mom and me.

• Stayed May 2014
Thank you for your review we are glad you found the hotel to be conveniently located. We can only apologise you could not get a treatment booked in our beauty and spa room. It is a high demand service we offer our guests should you wish to book again with us please do not hesitate to contact me directly to pre organise this service.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

The hotel itself is looking tired and is in need of a refurb but saying that, this is reflected in the cost of the room.

We paid £62 for a double room which included breakfast and the use of the leisure facilities.
Everything was very clean and so couldn't be faulted.

The staff are very nice and helpful and there is a bus or car available to pick you up from Glasgow airport if required for a nominal fee which is a lot cheaper than the airport taxis which are a rip off.

I would recommend the hotel but don't expect 5 star luxury.

Room Tip: Don't get a room near the lifts as one has a tendency for the doors to bang through the night!
1 Thank Richard S
Thank you for your review your positive comments are appreciated and your feedback is welcomed.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

The staff were fantastic could not do enough for us ourselves and guests enjoyed every minute rooms were lovely food fantastic service out of this world.Tony Neil and the rest of the staff put us at ease and made our day perfect thanks for everything you done for us.

• Stayed May 2014
Thank you for choosing the Erskine Bridge Hotel & Spa for your special day it was a pleasure hosting you all, We wish you all the happiness in your married lives together.

Navjeet Purewal
Also consider these accommodations in or near Erskine
Normandy Hotel
Normandy Hotel
#3 of 3 in Renfrew
Golden Jubilee Conference Hotel
Mar Hall Golf & Spa Resort
The Glynhill Hotel & Leisure Club
Travelodge Glasgow Airport
Premier Inn Glasgow Airport

Been to Erskine Bridge Hotel? Share your experiences!