“Great Value, lovely staff” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Erskine Bridge Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Erskine
Scotland
“Great Value, lovely staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

We stayed in this Hotel and used the car parking facility prior to a Florida holiday.
I've got to say that whilst the Hotel itself may be a bit dated, the staff certainly make up for it. We got a lovely welcome when booking in, and at our evening meal, the waitress couldn't have been more friendly.
We arranged at check in for our hotel taxi to take us to the Airport, but on the morning of departure contacted reception to move our time forward, and this was done without a problem. On our return trip, it took only 5 minutes for the taxi to turn up to get us back to the Hotel to collect our car - first class service.
Our room, like the Hotel itself was a bit dated, but had everything required and was clean and tidy.This did not detract from our stay, and we had a lovely view out of our bedroom up the Clyde.
In conclusion, for what we paid for the room and 2 weeks parking we were certainly not disappointed. The Hotel managers should be proud of their staff as they were really the highlight of our short visit - we will use this facility in the future.

Room Tip: We had a nice view toward Glasgow.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank plastic orange

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (311)
  • Polish first
Hebburn, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

We booked this hotel for the night as we were using the parking with the flying Scotsman. Very good deal. But the room itself was a bit dated. There was a big chunk of carpet missing from the floor but it was all clean. It's ok for one night of your flying the next day. Food was ok from restaurant.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

The hotel is very scruffy old and tired. I stay in hotels all the time and this has to be one of the worst I have ever stayed in. The bedroom was just awful. Quite small and pokey and in need of decoration.
I went to an event there. And it was very average and not something I would really go to again. I was disappointed as years ago this use to be a nice hotel. It certainly needs some money spending on it

On the hotels side we only paid £49 so I suppose what should I expect

Room Tip: Try somewhere else
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank amandajolly

Travellers are raving about these Erskine hotels

helensburgh
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

Stayed here before going on holiday. Cracking deal, hotel, breakfast, 2 weeks parking plus taxi transfers. Excellent breakfast. Lovely staff.

negatives. Room horrible...needed a good clean and some tlc. But clean bedding, towels etc.

Room Tip: Couldn't possibly say..room was horrible!!!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights while visiting family. If you want to sleep at night its defo not the place to be. Corridors are dark and dated, lift is a chunk of metal that slams shut all night. Room was ok, could have been better cleaned esp the bathroom. Walls are paper thin could hear the person next door talking, blowing nose and peeing. Mattress was just a nightmare, the springs were just popping through so made sleep very difficult woke with a sore back. We used the pool facility which was good but the changing rooms are dated. Breakfast was ok. Coffee vile so if you are a coffee drinker dont touch it. I stuck with cereal and toast as the hot food had been lying a while and was over cooked and the pastries were still frozen! The worst bit for us was the morning we were checking out we were woken by a housekeeper who walked in on us, I was so angry. Why did she need to be in our room before 8am when we were checking out that morning? I mentioned it to reception but they seemed not that interested as if its a regular thing and when I read the reviews I see it is a regular problem....this upset me and I wont be back!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank hmfc1975
erskinegm, Manager at Erskine Bridge Hotel, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Erskine Bridge Hotel and Spa. I am sorry to find that your stay with us was disappointing and for that please accept my apology. I will pass on your comment to all relevant members of the team and ensure all points are actioned upon. I do hope you will consider us again in the future and allow us the opportunity to change your opinion of our hotel. Should you wish to discuss this review with myself personally please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we really do hope to welcome you back in the future.

Regards,

Operations Manager
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

Stayed here for the night before we flew on holiday. What a terrific deal. £49 and that included 8 nights parking. Booked through holiday extras. What a bargain. Room was spacious for 3 people, very comfortable beds and what a view. Only one request. It was too hot. Staff we're very courteous. We didn't use the leisure facilities but they looked fab. Ate in the restaurant which was very good. Bus took us to airport in the morn and taxi picked us up on return.Definitely stay there again. Thanks.

Room Tip: Ask for room at bridge side. What a view.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank ChrisandJem
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and the facilities we have to offer.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Regards

Operations Manager
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel in May as it was ideal for a pre holiday stop over and they offer car parking for when you are away. The experience was horrendous, the guests in the room next to mine were smoking Cannabis and was coming through to my room from the joining door, the hotel did nothing about this when i complained, they simply sent someone upstair with a can of air freshener. Absolute disgrace!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Lindsay F
erskinegm, Manager at Erskine Bridge Hotel, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Thank you for your review, I am sorry to hear you weren't happy with your stay. The hotel has a zero tolerance policy y to drug use and will always take these issues very seriously. Without evidence of drug use on this occasion we tried to freshen the area in and around your room.

Should you wish to discuss this matter further please feel free to contact me at the hotel.

Regards,

Navjeet Purewal
Also consider these accommodations in or near Erskine
Normandy Hotel
Ingliston Country Club
Ingliston Country Club
#2 of 3 in Bishopton
Gleddoch Hotel, Spa & Golf

Been to Erskine Bridge Hotel? Share your experiences!