“Great airport hotel.”

Erskine Bridge Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Erskine
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We stayed here the night before our holidays and left the car here for a week. We got a lovely welcome and were asked when we wanted a wake up call and what time we wanted our taxi booked for the morning. The receptionist advised us of a special offer for dinner, so we took up the offer, which was great value for money. Our room had a great view of the Erskine Bridge, and the room, although dated was large and comfortable. The taxi drivers both ways were very chatty and helpful. We would definitely use the hotel and car parking facility again.

Room Tip: We had the second floor, great view.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,439)

Reviewed 23 June 2014

We stayed here before we went on holiday in May. A 5/10 minute drive away from the airport. We arrived really late in the evening. We got checked in fairly quickly and up to our room.

To be honest I booked this hotel before I checked the reviews and on my opinion and experience the hotel is not as bad as the reviews say. We had a nice room that had everything that we needed. The view we had way absolutely amazing! It was really really nice.

I went down and got some drinks from a really funny bar man. I think he was possibly South African?

In the morning we headed down for breakfast and again we were seated quickly and served quickly as well.

All in all the hotel does the job for a good night sleep.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
erskinegm, Manager at Erskine Bridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Erskine Bridge Hotel and Spa. I am sorry to find that your stay with us was disappointing and for that please accept my apology. I will pass on your comment to all relevant members of the team and ensure all points are actioned upon. I do hope you will consider us again in the future and allow us the opportunity to change your opinion of our hotel.

We do like to deal with any issues and rectify them as soon as possible so I am disappointed we didn't get a chance to rectify any minor issues mentioned in the review at the time.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we do hope to welcome you back in the future.

Regards,

Navjeet Purewal
Operations Manager

Reviewed 18 June 2014

We stayed in this hotel with a group tour to start and end our trip.
The heating was still on despite a warm evening, and no screens on the windows, so all sorts of flys get in the room if you try and leave the window open.
The lift was broken and our group had to carry our bags to our rooms.
No air conditioning, and we suffocated in the heat.
The wifi is complicated to get in the rooms. I think you only get 1 hour free.
The reception staff is unfriendly and makes no effort to make anything better, the food is medicore.
It was an unpleasant stay, but not a catastrophe.
The rooms are big enough, but there was no water pressure to shower, in the evening and in the morning.
Our tour operator Esprit Pionnier booked the hotel.
It is a run down hotel, however if you don't need a shower, an overnight stay is fine.
It is very calm no noise from traffic and near the airport.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Maria C
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Booked an overnight stay with car parking. Breakfast wasn't included as we were leaving early. We arrived the night before, the room was lovely and clean. There was a wedding on in the hotel and when we went down it the bar felt a bit underdressed so decided we would take our food back up to our room. The menu was pricey but we decided on a gourmet fish finger sandwich. When I ordered this I was asked 'white or brown bread' I commented that it was advertised as served on sourdough, I asked for one without tarter sauce. The meals were brought over to our table a frozen fillet of fish served on white sliced bread with frozen chips, hardly gourmet!! Cutlery and a couple of sachets of sauce.. When I questioned this the barmaid didn't even appear to know what sourdough bread was, I asked her to find out the problem to which she went and returned by saying it had run out. Took the food up to our room to discover no tarter sauce on either or in the sachets. Would stay there again as the parking is fine and the taxi efficient but next time I will pack a picnic

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank mags6305
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Hotel is an absolute joke. You can not even get through on the phone to speak to them. Immediately get put to an answerphone every single time you call which asks you to leave a message as reception is on a call.
Can they be on the phone for 8 hrs constantly for 2 days running.
Surprised they get any business whatsoever.
Management needs a complete overhaul!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank DCR88
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We stayed here for two nights to go to a family wedding nearby, we are completely unfamiliar with the area, had read some online reviews and thought 'How bad can it be?'

The answer is 'pretty bad'.

The lifts - for most of our stay only one was working. Trying to get upstairs while TWO coach loads of tourists were also trying to do the same thing was virtually impossible. I had to wait for over ten minutes. I nearly gave up and used the stairs but I am quite heavily pregnant and didn't fancy going up four floors on foot.

The decor - Oh my, garish doesn't even cover it! Our floor (3) was a delightful shade of 'brothel red' - hideous and really quite nauseating. There are some LOVELY tartan carpets too, in complementary shades.

The room - we arrived at our room door and immediately noticed a good 5mm gap around the doorframe through which, if you tried hard enough, you could see right into the room. The room itself was small, and the wallpaper was stained in places (a rather ominous brown, coffee or something more sinister?). All of the lampshades had stains like watermarks around them. The curtains were easily older than me (I'm 32), didn't close properly and were peppered with holes. Our tv was ancient, took ages to warm up and only had five channels. There was no sign whatsoever of the 'free internet' promised in the welcome pack. On the first night in this room I got approximately 45 minutes sleep in total because of the incredibly uncomfortable bed, the mattress was more like a slab with a bunch of broken slinky coils nailed to it, which dug into my sore pregnant back all night. The pillows were probably luxurious in 1987, but have now been reduced to stained, tired, pancake-flat cushions, with barely any support. They were hard as nails and hurt your neck and shoulders. The duvet was barely even a sheet. We were across from the lifts (well, lift) and the sound of it slowly and pathetically clanking up and down permeated our room all night long. By 4am I wanted to scream, or jump into the nearby river, the only thing that kept me from doing either was composing this tripadvisor review in my head.

The breakfast - ASDA pork links anyone? If flaccid bacon and watery scrambled eggs are your bag then you can happily part with £8 and enjoy them too. There were two 'juices' on offer: watered down apple and 'orange' - which was about 50% sugar, 5% fruit. Oh and tinned fruit. No expense spared.

Our final bill, including breakfasts, was over £100 a night. A HUNDRED POUNDS! You'd get better value in an IBIS or Travelodge. I have never been so glad to go home after a trip. I'll hold my pillows just that little bit closer tonight.

Room Tip: stay away from the lifts!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank MissGembles
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Outside looked like an old office block but reception area was OK. Strange décor on the bedroom floor - looked like painted brick - but clean. There were 2 lifts but one was out of order and the other very slow. Bedroom looked like the inside of an old office block but the bathroom was newly fitted out and very clean. Shower was over the bath and the temperature varied on its own. Bathmat was either dirty or mouldy so didn't use it. Bathroom door was old and only shut when pushed very hard. Lighting in bathroom was good. Nice towels.
No coat hangers for trousers (none with either a bar or clips). Television was ancient (pre flat screen) and it was difficult to read a score watching the world cup game.
Bed linen and curtains were tired and curtains a bit grimy. Lino-type floor from the carpet to the bathroom was slippery.
Food was terrible - the choice was pork ( which 2 people told me they thought had been boiled as it was so hard), white fish - no description of the type, or penne. I had the penne but it's the only time I've had it with carrots and (I think) turnips with boiled potatoes in skins! The penne was in a small dish so I guess it had been microwaved for one! Breakfast was OK
Good view over Clyde

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Erskine
Normandy Hotel
Travelodge Glasgow Airport
Ingliston Country Club
Ingliston Country Club
#2 of 2 in Bishopton

Been to Erskine Bridge Hotel? Share your experiences!