“Airport Stopover”

Erskine Bridge Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Erskine
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We used this hotel as a park and fly when travelling from Glasgow airport. The outside of the hotel looks a bit tired and dated, however once inside the reception and public areas are lovely.

All the staff were extremely helpful and friendly and couldn't fault a single one of them.

In terms of location, it was great for our requirements, only about 10 minutes from the airport but I probably woulndn't chose this hotel if I was visiting Glasgow city centre as it is quite far out.

We had rooms on both the 5th and the 6th floor, again, both were a little tired looking, could do with a bit of freshening up but the views from both were lovely.

We had dinner in the restaurant and it was delicious, could not fault it one bit. Lots of choices and the food was of the highest standard. If we ate before 7pm we also got 20% off our food bill so I think we got a bit of a bargain!

Overall, I would definately stay at this hotel again as long as the location fitted my reason for being in Glasgow, highest recommendation for the staff who do an absolutely great job to make you feel as welcome as possible.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Diane D

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Hope this isn't in the wrong section. This review is for the 'Spa' area.

Driving up to the hotel, it looks very tired, trying hard not to say dirty looking. Spa bit sticks out the front of the hotel, so I thought we went in that way, but I was wrong, so maybe a sign or two pointing you up to reception of the main building??
Reception area of the hotel is fine looking, staff member pointed us in the direction of the Spa area.
We were met by a young man & pointed in the direction of the changing rooms & told where things were.
Baby's/toddlers getting swimming lessons was rather enjoyable to start with. first couple of sessions anyway.
Only my wife & I plus the kids until another couple of ladies came in, then we got a few couples in for a swim or sauna. Kids finished up & the place was bliss. Nice & relaxing, just as you would expect.

Part of the 5pm deal we bought (web site special offer) was access to Spa & a light lunch. Lovely soup, sandwich & glass of bubbly (well 2 for my wife, as I was driving) was very good (hard to go wrong making a sarnie, but credit where it's due).

On our return to the Spa area, we found a few young girls & adults 'supervising' them, that term is being used loosely. very, very loud. water getting thrown all over the place, not a big deal you say, it is a swimming pool after all. but this water comes from the water cooler, the water you need to keep hydrated, after stints in the sauna or steam room....... cups left every where, puddles all over the place. every now & then one of the adults would say for them to stop. But that was only for a minute or two. Out they go, yee-hah we say.

WRONG, in comes the next batch, a little louder, a little more of them.

No good, when you are there to relax. Its either a Spa, or a swimming pool. Can't do both I am afraid.

Treatments need booked quickly as well, only the one lady to do it, only one room for it as well> My wife did enjoy her massage, said the girl was very good.

(Sorry, I almost left without paying for it. Was NOT intentional)

Sauna was quite small, max capacity would be about four in my opinion. Steam Room was bigger. Jacuzzi, well it's a Jacuzzi.......

Furniture was dated & not in the best of condition. The bed I had, wheel was put on by me.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We stayed here the night before our holidays and left the car here for a week. We got a lovely welcome and were asked when we wanted a wake up call and what time we wanted our taxi booked for the morning. The receptionist advised us of a special offer for dinner, so we took up the offer, which was great value for money. Our room had a great view of the Erskine Bridge, and the room, although dated was large and comfortable. The taxi drivers both ways were very chatty and helpful. We would definitely use the hotel and car parking facility again.

Room Tip: We had the second floor, great view.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We stayed here before we went on holiday in May. A 5/10 minute drive away from the airport. We arrived really late in the evening. We got checked in fairly quickly and up to our room.

To be honest I booked this hotel before I checked the reviews and on my opinion and experience the hotel is not as bad as the reviews say. We had a nice room that had everything that we needed. The view we had way absolutely amazing! It was really really nice.

I went down and got some drinks from a really funny bar man. I think he was possibly South African?

In the morning we headed down for breakfast and again we were seated quickly and served quickly as well.

All in all the hotel does the job for a good night sleep.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
erskinegm, Manager at Erskine Bridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Erskine Bridge Hotel and Spa. I am sorry to find that your stay with us was disappointing and for that please accept my apology. I will pass on your comment to all relevant members of the team and ensure all points are actioned upon. I do hope you will consider us again in the future and allow us the opportunity to change your opinion of our hotel.

We do like to deal with any issues and rectify them as soon as possible so I am disappointed we didn't get a chance to rectify any minor issues mentioned in the review at the time.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we do hope to welcome you back in the future.

Regards,

Navjeet Purewal
Operations Manager

Reviewed 18 June 2014

We stayed in this hotel with a group tour to start and end our trip.
The heating was still on despite a warm evening, and no screens on the windows, so all sorts of flys get in the room if you try and leave the window open.
The lift was broken and our group had to carry our bags to our rooms.
No air conditioning, and we suffocated in the heat.
The wifi is complicated to get in the rooms. I think you only get 1 hour free.
The reception staff is unfriendly and makes no effort to make anything better, the food is medicore.
It was an unpleasant stay, but not a catastrophe.
The rooms are big enough, but there was no water pressure to shower, in the evening and in the morning.
Our tour operator Esprit Pionnier booked the hotel.
It is a run down hotel, however if you don't need a shower, an overnight stay is fine.
It is very calm no noise from traffic and near the airport.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Maria C
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Booked an overnight stay with car parking. Breakfast wasn't included as we were leaving early. We arrived the night before, the room was lovely and clean. There was a wedding on in the hotel and when we went down it the bar felt a bit underdressed so decided we would take our food back up to our room. The menu was pricey but we decided on a gourmet fish finger sandwich. When I ordered this I was asked 'white or brown bread' I commented that it was advertised as served on sourdough, I asked for one without tarter sauce. The meals were brought over to our table a frozen fillet of fish served on white sliced bread with frozen chips, hardly gourmet!! Cutlery and a couple of sachets of sauce.. When I questioned this the barmaid didn't even appear to know what sourdough bread was, I asked her to find out the problem to which she went and returned by saying it had run out. Took the food up to our room to discover no tarter sauce on either or in the sachets. Would stay there again as the parking is fine and the taxi efficient but next time I will pack a picnic

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank mags6305
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Hotel is an absolute joke. You can not even get through on the phone to speak to them. Immediately get put to an answerphone every single time you call which asks you to leave a message as reception is on a call.
Can they be on the phone for 8 hrs constantly for 2 days running.
Surprised they get any business whatsoever.
Management needs a complete overhaul!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank DCR88
Also consider these accommodations in or near Erskine
Normandy Hotel
Travelodge Glasgow Airport
Travelodge Dumbarton
Travelodge Dumbarton
#2 of 4 in Dumbarton

Been to Erskine Bridge Hotel? Share your experiences!