“Airport stopover”

Erskine Bridge Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Erskine
“Airport stopover”
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here a couple of years ago hotel was lovely and hjd a lovely meal our room was lovely and had a nice comfy bed and all staff were lovely as we were leaveing early in the morning to catch our flight at the airport would def use this hotel again and was very safe and handy to park our car for the 2wks to
Elaine and K . Leith PERTH SCOTLAND

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Elaine D
erskinegm, Manager at Erskine Bridge Hotel, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Dear valued guest,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you feel you received great service. Our staff take great pride in their work and very much appreciate your feedback.

Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (317)
  • Polish first
Glasgow
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I booked in the morning for a night's accommodation at the Erskine Bridge Hotel. That seemed straightforward. I started to worry when my credit card was stopped later because I had booked through Gala. The credit card company suggested it was because of previous experience. After an 8hr drive, I arrived at the hotel which (from both an external and internal view) looked very tired. Arrived at Reception, with bags, etc., to find one girl behind the counter with a queue of 5 waiting. After more than 20mins, I was advised that due to a fault (no real explanation) my room was not available and they had rebooked me at an hotel 10 miles away (in the wrong direction). Cursory apology. What really upset me is that I had provided my mobile phone number but no-one had bothered to use it. 'Never say never'..? I mean it ~ NEVER again will I use ANY facility that has anything to do with Gala Hotels. Would I recommend Gala to anyone ~ not unless I hated them...!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

1 Thank Ron L

Travellers are raving about these Erskine hotels

Lanark, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We used this hotel as an airport stopover in June and left the car for the two weeks of our holiday and to describe the best bit about this package it was a good carpark.

Staff very disinterested when I complained about being told lies upon my return from holidays whilst waiting for my taxi. I expect a reasonably prompt service back to hotel to pick up my car but was left in the cold and rain for 1 hour and 30 minutes and only got a taxi after my sixth call to the hotel despite assurances that the car was on its way.

Do not use this package unless your expectations are very very low. Will never use this hotel again the expression you get what you pay for is definately not true in this case.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank rtag_11
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Erskine Bridge Hotel and Spa. I am sorry to find you encountered some issues with regards to the transfer service we offer. Currently we use a private car service for all our guests and aim to have them picked up within 20 mins. I am sorry this did not happen on this occasion.

I would appreciate any further feedback with regards to your stay as the review focuses around the transfer. Feel free to contact me at the hotel to discuss in more detail so we can action your feedback.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Went here for a hen night and was sorely disappointed. Looks very ugly from the outside, no tidy gardens, very tired looking. Walked in to a lovely entrance and I thought things were looking up. Reception staff were very friendly and helpful. Only 1 lift was working. Colour of the halls were pretty erm... loud. Bedrooms were cramped and looked dirty. Was a Tom Jones tribute night and give 'Tom' his due he could sing but sounded nothing like the man. Food was awful but again staff were excellent. Major shake up required I think!!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Karen D
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Erskine Bridge Hotel and Spa. I am sorry to find that your stay with us was disappointing and for that please accept my apology. I will pass on your comment to all relevant members of the team and ensure all points are actioned upon. I do hope you will consider us again in the future and allow us the opportunity to change your opinion of our hotel.

I do however gladly note your kind comments regarding the staff members here at the hotel.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we do hope to welcome you back in the future.

Garve, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Very nice room with excellant view of bridge and surroundings. Verty good meal in restauarant with excellant service and friendly staff. Check in was very efficient. Receptionist was constently being rudly interuppted by Asian group leader which she handled very diplomatically and politely.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Robert M

Perth
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We stayed at the Erskine Bridge hotel overnight on the 14th July, We found the Hotel clean and the rooms spacious, we asked for a cot in one of the rooms for a baby and it was no trouble at all. The facilities are good within the Hotel and we made good use of the swimming pool, sauna and steam room although the jacuzzi was out of order. This hotel is good for travellers using the airport , just as we did park our car there for the week all within the price of your stay and they also taxi you to the airport and on return from your holiday, all in all the Hotel in clean tidy and the staff very helpful. The reasturant was quite pricey however they also have a bar meals service which we used and the meals were more to our taste. Our only slight problem was they sent a normal taxi to collect us from the airport when we requires a larger one for the 5 of us however we will definately use this hotel again.

Room Tip: we had a room at the rear of the Hotel which gave good views down the river Clyde
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Ronnieduke
I was delighted to read your review of our hotel today and can only thank you for your kind comments. We have a fantastic team of staff who work tirelessly to provide our guests with a friendly and enjoyable experience each time they stay with us.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back at Erskine Bridge Hotel & Spa.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

First room was nothing like the website it was filthy. Holes in curtains, two single beds pushed together, walls were filthy, wallpaper torn and carpet covered in stains. Bath had all the plastic peeling off and a strange blue stain. We were moved to a 'refurbished' room which was better but still not perfect it was still run down and the walls were paper thin we could hear every word from the next room. Main issue was an event occuring with the music blaring after complaining 3 times we finally left at midnight and drove home rather than stay any longer. I am 7 months pregnant and this was supposed to be a nice break away and it was AWFUL. I did not expect the world for the price we paid but this was shocking.

Room Tip: Do not stay on floor 3 thats where the worst room was. Floor 2 has been refurbished.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Stizzie

Thank you for the review of your stay at the Erskine Bridge Hotel and Spa and I am very disappointed to learn that your experience of our bedrooms fell short of your expectations, I will make sure all relevant members of the team are informed of your comments. Please accept my apology for your stay being less than perfect. We very much appreciate your feedback and will use it to ensure the same does not happen to any other guest.

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and your feedback and I do hope you will return to our hotel.

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us at Erskine Bridge Hotel and Spa and for choosing to stay with us. I am happy to see that you were happy with the experience and the service provided.

I hope we can welcome you back in the hotel again.

Operations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Erskine
Normandy Hotel
The Glynhill Hotel & Leisure Club
Mar Hall Golf & Spa Resort
Holiday Inn Glasgow Airport
Gleddoch Hotel, Spa & Golf

Been to Erskine Bridge Hotel? Share your experiences!