“Pleasantly surprised” 4 of 5 bubbles

Erskine Bridge Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Erskine
“Pleasantly surprised”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

I had booked this hotel before checking out any reviews, then, when I did check I thought I had made a mistake!!
My trip was for one night, midweek, during the Commonwealth Games. I found the hotel very easily, the staff were welcoming and attentive and I had a good-sized and well equipped room on the 4th floor with a great bridge view.. Yes, the Hotel is looking generally a bit tired, but it is obvious that the owners are making quite an investment to bring it up to scratch. My only 'beef' is the 'bumped-up' price for a stay during the games but that's across the board and. comparatively, this was cheap. I would not hesitate to stay there again and have already recommended it to a colleague.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Tony W
erskinegm, Manager at Erskine Bridge Hotel, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us here at the hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your time with us and thank you very much for recommending us.

Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (311)
  • Polish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

Don't know where to start with this. So, I stayed there for 2weeks straight after they messed up my bookings a couple of times. Great location, great views from the room, close to the airport and a good car park. Kinda enjoyed the stay but had loads of issues with the services. For 2 weeks continuous, I requested for a double bed but they kept giving me two single beds with two single duvets. Couldn`t change the rooms because the hotel was fully booked. Well, that's what I was told by the receptionist. Did I get what I paid for? No!
Food is good, Gym is a bit small and their changing rooms needs a make over. Pool is good and you get to use a Jacuzzi as well. which is a plus. There are always loads of people in the hotel but we only had access to a single lift. Just make sure you get your money worth and watch out for the extras.

Room Tip: Make sure your booking is confirmed with the hotel before you show up or you might be disappointed...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
      Rooms
1 Thank James M
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us here at the hotel. I have noted your comments and we will use the feedback to make improvements where possible.

I am glad you enjoyed the stay and would appreciate any further detailed feedback as you mentioned issues with the services we offer.

Please feel free to contact me direct at the hotel.

armadale
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

On first impressions, hotel looked lovely. But on entering, was disappointed. Decor tired and in need of updating. Chairs and sofas flat and no padding left. Not comfortable at all. The room was dire. Lighting very poor. Lampshade was badly burnt. Leg on bed was broken. Carpet wrinkled up. Water power non existent. Beds werent comfortable. On plus side, wa somewhere to put our heads own for a night. Staff were very pleasant and helpful as was taxi drivers aking us to the airport and picking us up from airport on return. But wont be returning,

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank valerie s
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Erskine Bridge Hotel and Spa. I am sorry to find that your stay with us was disappointing and in particular your bedroom and for that please accept my apology. I will pass on your comment to all relevant members of the team and ensure all points are actioned upon.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we do hope to welcome you back in the future.

Operations Manager

Travellers are raving about these Erskine hotels

Macduff, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

not sure really where to start with this place, it was booked through Thomson as recommended due to travelling on holiday the following day, and was near the airport
we thought would be an idea to break up the travelling for the kids(1 is 6y ,1 is 17 month)
so we booked a
Family Room - 2 adults 2 children
(Feel floaty and light before you fly in this restful riverside retreat. Its 3 stars feel like 4 thanks to the spa, food and gorgeous views.) THAT'S WHAT EMAIL CONFORMATION SAID!!

so we arrive after 1.5 hour drive & 3 hours on a train and a 35 quid taxi journey from the train station
we check in with no issues, get informed 1 of the lifts don't work which is no problem until the other lift takes 10 minutes to arrive, we are on the 6th floor
get into the landing and notice the terrible state of hall ways and think please be a good room by this point i see the girlfriend giving me the evils(she works at a hotel)not going good so far!

we enter the room, and Jake my 6y old says DAD.. its horrible and the girlfriend looks like the world has ended....

i will give some details here but the pictures i add will show more details.

Holes in the carpets
cigarette burns on bed covers
a window that wont close right
the roof that looks like will fall down(you can see jakes face of disgust in that pic)
wallpaper coming of walls and mould on walls
bath panel that was hanging off , and mould round bath
soap dish or something like that hanging off wall
chips out of flooring in bathroom
electric sockets on floor in room uncovered(really a family room that a cot was requested for)
2 x camping beds pushed together that was scared to try.. 1 they said was a cot bed
other electric sockets with dirt,mould
cables hanging of skirting boards
mould on floors,window sills
it goes on and on....
so the girlfriend goes down to ask for a room change and is asked why, she explains and the lady says you have the choice of 2 other rooms but the are triple instead of family, another girl at reception speaks up and says 1 off the rooms is worse than 1 we already have..unbelievable
so we get the other room and we struggle to get all our family and cases into it as its tiny, im sure it was a room for dwarfs
but we take the room as fed up by that point, we start looking online for other hotels near airport with no luck..
we ask for a cot to go in it and that took 5 hours to appear
there was also a lack of cleaning or upgrading in that room

we have our supper there and the food was nice and also the service was good

we decide to bed kids at different times due to room size as little 1 wouldn't sleep to due to much going on in room..
so buy 22.15 we get both sleeping and looking forward to a bit of quiet time after the long day.. at 2230 the bloody fire alarms go off!!!!so we get a kid each in our arms walk down 6 floors with a lot of other guests walking around like headless chickens..
get out side to the muster point ask a hotel worker for the situation(ive done advanced fire fighting) and told to go away, ask her if possible to get a sheet or towels due to kids being in
there pj`s and told i cant go back inside.. point out was asking her as she was away to go inside

brushed off again, so we stand about for ages until the lady that served us dinner comes and says we can use her car if wanted(forget her name but thanks) we was going to but then a bus driver that had a tour there let the partner and kids on the bus(thanks)
the muster was madness, people standing everywhere, no head count, no communication, they just didn't have a clue

everything took around an hour and i cant blame the hotel for it going off due to someone smoking in room but it should of been handled a lot better

that's about the end of my rant,
i asked in morning if i was due a refund due to not having a family room and was told NO,could not be bothered by then arguing just wanted out so it cost my £96.09.. worst cash i have spent

we wait for the free shuttle bus they say, it was a taxi which the driver says i don't think everything will fit...ud better make it fit

i work away from home and spend a lot of time in hotels all over the world and have to say that's the worst if came across,
please look at pictures for refernce, if anyone from hotel wants to contact me feel free and will update here if they do

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
7 Thank gardiner01
Thank you for taking the time to review you stay with us we appreciate your feedback. I am disappointed to read your stay was not to your satisfaction and would like to discuss this with you personally.

I have sent you my contact details should you be kind enough to contact me.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here a couple of years ago hotel was lovely and hjd a lovely meal our room was lovely and had a nice comfy bed and all staff were lovely as we were leaveing early in the morning to catch our flight at the airport would def use this hotel again and was very safe and handy to park our car for the 2wks to
Elaine and K . Leith PERTH SCOTLAND

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Elaine D
Dear valued guest,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you feel you received great service. Our staff take great pride in their work and very much appreciate your feedback.

Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Glasgow
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

I booked in the morning for a night's accommodation at the Erskine Bridge Hotel. That seemed straightforward. I started to worry when my credit card was stopped later because I had booked through Gala. The credit card company suggested it was because of previous experience. After an 8hr drive, I arrived at the hotel which (from both an external and internal view) looked very tired. Arrived at Reception, with bags, etc., to find one girl behind the counter with a queue of 5 waiting. After more than 20mins, I was advised that due to a fault (no real explanation) my room was not available and they had rebooked me at an hotel 10 miles away (in the wrong direction). Cursory apology. What really upset me is that I had provided my mobile phone number but no-one had bothered to use it. 'Never say never'..? I mean it ~ NEVER again will I use ANY facility that has anything to do with Gala Hotels. Would I recommend Gala to anyone ~ not unless I hated them...!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
      Cleanliness
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

1 Thank Ron L
Lanark, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

We used this hotel as an airport stopover in June and left the car for the two weeks of our holiday and to describe the best bit about this package it was a good carpark.

Staff very disinterested when I complained about being told lies upon my return from holidays whilst waiting for my taxi. I expect a reasonably prompt service back to hotel to pick up my car but was left in the cold and rain for 1 hour and 30 minutes and only got a taxi after my sixth call to the hotel despite assurances that the car was on its way.

Do not use this package unless your expectations are very very low. Will never use this hotel again the expression you get what you pay for is definately not true in this case.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
4 Thank rtag_11
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Erskine Bridge Hotel and Spa. I am sorry to find you encountered some issues with regards to the transfer service we offer. Currently we use a private car service for all our guests and aim to have them picked up within 20 mins. I am sorry this did not happen on this occasion.

I would appreciate any further feedback with regards to your stay as the review focuses around the transfer. Feel free to contact me at the hotel to discuss in more detail so we can action your feedback.

Operations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Erskine
Normandy Hotel
Ingliston Country Club
Ingliston Country Club
#2 of 3 in Bishopton
Premier Inn Glasgow Airport

Been to Erskine Bridge Hotel? Share your experiences!