1,076 results
All reviewswest highland waypacked lunchdays walkingpatio doorsmain buildinglovely hotelriver viewresidents loungedrying roomeggs benedictboth nightsdining roomwine listcomfortable roomsstayed one nighthaggisfish and chips
Reviewed 29 June 2018

Hiked the West Highland Way for our 30th Anniversary and the Bridge of Orchy Hotel was perfection. We stayed in the Orchy Cottage with its own deck overlooking the Bridge of Orchy. The Hotel was very attentive and helpful and our meals were superb. There is an outdoor deck overlooking the river and the surrounding mountains which is great for a coffee or drink.

Very professionally run and a welcome 1st class meal and hotel on our 6 day hike. It is a fun place for hikers to have a drink and meal. The more serious hikers can camp just across the bridge from the hotel. Those like us who like more comfort at night will be pleased with the comfortable bed and other amenities at the Bridge of Orchy Hotel.

Room Tip: Best rooms newer construction rooms along the river & stand-alone Orchy Cottage. Quiet separate from main hotel building and restaurant
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Bridge of Orchy M, General Manager at Bridge of Orchy Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2018

Dear Cayenne_Gumbo,

Thank you very much for your feedback. I am delighted you had a nice stay with us and I am proud to read that the team went above and beyond to make your stay a truly memorable experience. I do hope we can welcome you back to Bridge of Orchy Hotel again in the future.

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Don't let the look of the accommodation attached to the hotel put you off. The room was extremely comfortable and modern with a huge bed. The restaurant also did very good food and the surrounding scenery is spectacular! We just had an over night stay but it looked great for hikers and fit types!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Linda I,

Thank you very much for your great feedback. I am so pleased you had a wonderful experience with us. I will share you feedback with all the team. I am sure they will be encouraged by your comments. We look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 26 June 2018

We stayed in the main hotel building in a pleasantly refurbished room with a great view of the glen and the West Highland Way. we enjoyed dining in the formal restaurant which is airy and nicely decorated as well as in the bistrot area. The food was enjoyable and the bar manager was very knowledgeable about wine; the list is a good one. If you enjoy gin try Boe's Violet, as I did following recommendation! There is an outside terrace for snack lunches and Scottish teas. We loved the surroundings and found two very good walks in the area which would be accessible to all. The staff, including the front desk staff, were energetic, competent in every way and helpful - even to driving us up the hill to the station at the end of our stay - what a kind act that was!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bernice288

Dear Bernice288,

Thank you very much for your feedback. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass your compliments to our team. I am sure they will be pleased to hear your comments.

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Had a fantastic weekend at this fabulous hotel. The staff were so friendly and helpful. We stayed in the rooms detached from the hotel which were lovely furnished and had everything we needed.

We had all our meals in the hotel and could not fault it.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Nicola P,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Bridge of Orchy Hotel. I am so pleased you had a nice stay and you enjoyed our great food and service. We do hope to welcome you back to the Bridge of Orchy Hotel again soon.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

Didnt stay the night after my first beer, rushed by the staff to get my order couldnt stay outside because of midgies (normal for these area's), and a little expensive. Do checkout the bridge and surrounds however.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo

Dear MacAttack720,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Bridge of Orchy Hotel. Unfortunately, you did not have reservation with us and the Hotel was full and the most popular time slots were full already. We tried to serve you as soon as we could. I also dohope you understand that there is nothing we can do with the midges.