1,077 results
All reviewswest highland waypacked lunchdays walkingpatio doorsriver viewmain buildinglovely hotelresidents loungedrying roomeggs benedictboth nightsvenisondining roomwine listcomfortable roomsstayed one nightfish and chips
Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

We stayed here on our West Highland Way trip. Great choice of drinks in the bar. We had dinner which was probably the best on our entire trip, beautifully cooked and presented. Room was huge with a bath to soak away the aches and pains. Staff extremely friendly and helpful. The only let down was the ridiculously overpriced packed lunch at £11.95. One small sandwich, tiny piece of chocolate brownie, fruit and a drink. It’s also disappointing that I have sent an email to the hotel about this aspect and they have not had the courtesy to reply at all.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Fizzpie
Bridge of Orchy M, General Manager at Bridge of Orchy Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Fizzpie,

Thank you very much for your feedback. I am pleased to read that you had a nice stay with us and you have been happy with our service. However, I must admit that I am very disappointed to read your comment about the pack lunch. I am really sorry to hear that you found it overpriced. Unfortunately, we did not received any email from you, otherwise, we would definitely act appropriately. Would you be please kind enough to forward me that email to: managers@bridgeoforchy.co.uk, so I can have your contact details?

Reviewed 11 August 2018

Why leave when you've already found the perfect spot. On a road trip. Called in on spec and stayed 3 nights. Maria and staff are delightful hospitable hosts. Stayed in a river facing outer room. Peaceful, comfortable and clean. Dog friendly. Breakfast and dinner fantastic. Thank you to everyone for making our stay a memorable experience. We will return on our next road trip to the Outer Hebrides. Everything about the staff, facilities and accommodation says, 'we care about you and we want you to be happy, peaceful and rested'

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Vintage G

Dear Vintage G,

Thank you for your feedback. I am extremely happy that you have been satisfied with our service and enjoyed your stay with us. It was really nice to meet you and we do hope to see you soon again!

Reviewed 7 August 2018

Although it was the easiest leg of our West Highland Way walk, the weather was terrible. So the Bridge of Orchy hotel was the perfect end to that day. We stayed in the newly designed outer rooms, which were peaceful and very comfortable.
The restaurant food at dinner and breakfast were delicious. The lounge area downstairs with games and several sofas (perfect for family) was cosy.
Maria on reception (the pregnant lady...just in case I've remembered her name wrong) is an absolute joy and very helpful.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank sandy p

Dear Sandya p,

Thank you very much for your feedback. I am delighted you had an amazing experience. I am proud to read that you had a truly memorable experience and you found your room to be very comfortable and clean. I do hope we can welcome you back to Bridge of Orchy Hotel again in the future.

Kind Regards,

Maria (the pregnant lady ;-) )

Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

This place seems to be in the right place for those hiking or travelling. Although the Hotel is on a busy thoroughfare, noise is not an issue. The large bath was a lovely surprise after many hours hiking and the bed was the most comfortable since arriving in Scotland. The views here are spectacular and the local cuisine from the restaurant was delicious.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Beth S

Dear Beth S,

Thank you for your glowing review of the Bridge of Orchy Hotel and I am thrilled you had a nice stay with us. I will certainly share your feedback with all the team, who I am sure will be delighted. We do hope we can welcome you back at the Bridge of Orchy Hotel.

Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

Great stay! River View room very comfortable and super clean, plus housekeeping did a tremendous job with our black shedding dog! Food is really good but I particularly enjoyed the breakfast which was relaxed and very good quality. Service was excellent, both at reception, in the restaurants and before we arrived when I had to reorganise bookings over the phone to make it a bigger and longer family trip. Nothing was a bother! Very convenient location and beautiful restaurants and bar. Would love to return very soon, thank you!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank WineOcl0ck

Dear WineOcl0ck,

Thank you for staying with us! And for your nice feedback. I am delighted you had an amazing experience. I am proud to read that the team went above and beyond to make your stay a truly memorable experience and you found your room to be very comfortable and clean. I do hope we can welcome you back to Bridge of Orchy Hotel again in the future.