1,096 results
All reviews west highland way packed lunch patio doors days walking river view main building lovely hotel residents lounge drying room eggs benedict venison wine list dining room comfortable rooms fish and chips stayed one night waiting staff
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

A great hotel on the west highland way,the food was brilliant really really top notch ,rooms very clean a good shower a great bar with a brilliant selection of beers and whiskies and the breakfast in the morning was 10/10 which will set you up for another days walking.The hotel also do a pack lunch and these are very good and worth the money, would definetly stay here again

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank steviesuntan
Bridge of Orchy M, General Manager at Bridge of Orchy Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2018

Dear steviesuntan,

We would like to thank you for the positive feedback which I will share with the team. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and it set you up well for your onward travels. We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 27 August 2018

After being let down by the Glencoe Inn overbooking our room out & not informing us till we arrived mid way through our road trip around Scotland, this place took us in for the night & to be honest I'm really glad the Glencoe Inn over booked our room as this place is far better. Food was amazing with decent size portions, bar was comfy with a great atmosphere & great selection of alcoholic drinks with friendly staff. Room with a view which looked almost new was great with patio door a wee seating area outside. Only downside was no internet outside the main building but did not dampen our stay & to be honest who needs it when your in a place like this. Would I stay here again? Definitely

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank AlexG5121

Dear Alex G,

Thank you for sharing your positive experience and I’m glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I will share your feedback with all the team. We look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back again soon to the hotel.

Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

We had a great stay here when we were doing the West Highland Way.

The staff were really accommodating and the service was excellent. The rooms were spacious and well equipped, although there’s not much signal for the TV channels. There was good WiFi in the rooms though.

The restaurant serves lovely food, I particularly enjoyed the Haggis. The portions for the breakfast were also very generous.

I would definitely recommend this as a good to stop on the WHW or simply a place to visit Scotland from!

Date of stay: August 2018
Bridge of Orchy M, General Manager at Bridge of Orchy Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2018

Dear PurpleShakespeare,

Thank you for your great feedback. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and I will share your compliments with the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back again to the Bridge of Orchy hotel soon.

Reviewed 23 August 2018

Cannot recommend this hotel enough. My partner and I stayed here on day 3 of TWHW. Amazing and a real touch of luxury after walking 22 miles. Traditional but stylish.

The room in the main house was spotlessly clean and cosy (fab fluffy towels), bed so comfortable, views from first floor to the mountains 10/10 and I (and my feet) almost cried when I saw the bath!

The dinner was absolutely amazing and chef was incredibly accommodating of my vegan requests (which included hot cooked vegan breakfast). Rejoice! My partner, who is a real foodie, loved the game / meat and fish. One of the best meals he has had. Advance booking for dinner essential.

Location is breathtaking. Cannot wait to return.

Thank you to whoever owns this hotel and thank you to all the staff who made the experience so memorable. We woke up with a renewed energy and ready to face the final 2 days walking.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank SBMM356
Bridge of Orchy M, General Manager at Bridge of Orchy Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2018

Dear SBMM356,

Thank you for sharing your positive experience and I’m delighted your meal and service exceeded your expectations. I will share you feedback with all the team. I am sure they will be encouraged by your comments. We look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

Just steps from the Bridge of Orchy train station you will find the hotel. The service was great. You won’t hear any Scottish accents as most of the staff are also travelers. But you will hear “ just tell us what you want and how you like it and we will do it like that”. Very accommodating, nice room, and a good start or even better if you have already been hiking the WHW.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Gordmcinnes

Dear Gordmcinnes,

Thank you very much for your great feedback. I am so pleased you had a wonderful experience with us. I will share you feedback with all the team. I am sure they will be encouraged by your comments. We look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Kind Regards,