My fiance and I had a weekend at this hotel, to get away from it all, and had a fantastic time. The hotel complex is in a wonderful spot, on a hillside with lovely views over the Menai Straights. There are a number of different buildings with self contained apartments and suites as well as the main hotel building. We had a courtyard room, and were amazed to find that it also contained a small kitchen area with fridge, sink, microwave and cuttlery/crockery for two. Fresh milk is provided for tea/coffee. The bed was one of the most comfortable we have ever had, and we had a fantastic sleep here. We were also surprised that the hotel had a swimming pool and sauna, and we very much enjoyed using this facility. We had a great evening meal in the hotel restaurant, lovely quality and portion size, excellent service, and a table with lovely views over the Menai Straights. This was followed by drinks on the terrace, while watching the sunset, and then time in the cosy hotel bar. Breakfast was served in a separate conservatory room, also with great views. Once again, the food was excellent quality, and staff were really friendly and helpful. We had an absolutely wonderful time here, and will definitely return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Port Dinorwic is an informal and friendly hotel with a varied selection of accommodation types. These include double rooms, twin rooms, suites, apartments and cottages, all at affordable prices. Its location overlooking the Menai Straits gives it un-paralleled panoramic sea views. Each room at the Hotel Port Dinorwic is individually styled and laid out. Room capacity varies from single occupancy double rooms, to six person suites. All accommodation is en-suite, with tea and coffee making facilities, free view TV and free WIFI. Please note that not all rooms have a sea view. The hotel also boasts a range of facilities, such as a heated swimming pool, sauna, restaurant and function rooms. The hotel is perfectly situated between the university city of Bangor and the historic town of Caernarfon. The Snowdonia National Park is located only 15 mins away and the Isle of Anglesey only 5 mins. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Hotel Port Dinorwic reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plas Dinorwic Hotel
- Plas Dinorwic y Felinheli
- Hotel Port Dinorwic Y Felinheli, Wales