“Excellent Value for Money & Stunning Location”

Dolbrodmaeth Riverside Hotel
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Excellent Value for Money & Stunning Location”
Reviewed 22 January 2013

I've just returned from a 3 night stay at the Dolbrodmaeth Hotel, having been a couple of times before the Dol Brod never lets me down! Set in a beautiful location, surrounded by mountains and next to the river, I could not wish for a better quiet country retreat!
Plenty to do in the surrounding area, me and my husband love to walk and getting to Snowdon is only a short drive away!
I've just been reading through some reviews and had to laugh at the person that commented on wifi password not being offered when arriving, i've travelled far and wide and can honestly say I have never been offered wifi without asking ha ha, some people really need to think about what they put .... just ask ha ha!
See you next January! Save me room 3

Room Tip: I love Room 3 but there all nice!
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
warrington
Reviewed 20 January 2013

The staff at the hotel were very helpful and willing to go the extra mile to make our stay a happy one. Staff are very knowledgeable of the local area and recommended a number of walks, beaches and places to eat. Eating at the hotel was very tasty and good value for money.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
UK
Reviewed 28 October 2012 via mobile

We had a reasonable room with a clean bathroom. The hostess was lovely and could not do enough.
Breakfast was bustling, but there was only a one-hour slot. The bacon is quite the best I have ever had.
No hot water in the morning for half an hour was a chilly surprise.

• Stayed October 2012
iberostar phenicia
Reviewed 11 October 2012

Dear All,

I would like to comment on my recent stay....

The location is stunning,nestled securely within a lush valley accompanied by a river rambling by. Central location for days out by car. Check in needed to be more concise..would appreciate full information on dining,breakfast times on arrival, guest book within room needed such details. Wifi code was not offered.
The hotel would not run as efficiently if Mandy were not to be present,from my observation she was the cook,housekeeper,bar maid,receptionist and I'm sure would go over and beyond for the sake of the job. Her dedication was admirable and I hope that she is appreciated and rewarded for her efforts.

Room was comfortable and in good repair,
However there is a lot of potential here and with a few tweaks these minor details can be rectified.
I enjoyed my stay overall ..the people and environment made it and would recommend it too anyone that wants a friendly hotel to stay in.We intend to return in the future.

Room Tip: take a torch , car park not lit
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jenksabubble
Suffolk
Reviewed 9 October 2012

I took three days out to do some writing and walking; rain killed the walking, but how inspirational to look out of my window and look at the hills and river. My host Rob couldn't be more helpful...breakfast was good, and the dinner I had was also enjoyable. The rooms have had a lot of thought go into them.

I'd recommend this for anyone wanting a getaway break for a very reasonable price.

Wifi worked in my room as well as the public areas. One tip: Phone reception can be a bit in-and-out, but may be just O2.

I had a lovely photo from my room, but the Add Photo feature here seems not to work :(

Room Tip: The river view is stunning!
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 October 2012

Stayed here with my partner for a 2 night stay in September. From the moment we arrived to the moment we left, we were looked after! Nothing was too much trouble for Rob and his right hand woman Mandy. The room was clean and everything we needed provided, the breakfast was both good and plentiful. The hotel is set in lovely and well maintained gardens. We really rated this hotel and the overall experience and would have absolutely no problem in recommending to others!!!!!

• Stayed September 2012
Totnes
Reviewed 14 September 2012

Stayed for 5 nights and was pleasantly surprised. Our room was clean and tidy and fresh clean towels every morning. The TV was small but we didn't mind as we needed to get away from watching TV anyway.
The Kingsize bed was comfortable and bedding clean and fresh. The only issue would be the heating, there wasn't any and the view over the river and mountain was obscured by condensation in the mornings. However on the last but one night a small electric heater arrived in the room, much better.
Mandy, the member of staff seemed to be always around with a cheery smile and welcome, she also offered information on were to visit.
Breakfast was more than enough to last for the day and was well cooked.
The heating throughout the hotel needed to be on as sitting in the lounge at night was rather cold.
Would return but please have the heating on as guests do need to feel comfortable throughout the hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the river also include mountain views.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
#13 of 34 in Dolgellau
Brigands Inn
Brigands Inn
#3 of 12 in Machynlleth

Been to Dolbrodmaeth Riverside Hotel? Share your experiences!