Rossett Hall Hotel
US$117
US$106
  • Restaurant
Priceline
All reviewsoscars restaurantlovely hotelgolden liontrouser pressevening mealwonderful weddingreception areawedding partypubs within walking distancebuffet stylebridal suitefunction roomnorth waleswedding receptionvisiting chesterrestaurant managercouldn't fault
Reviewed 24 August 2013

First room, bathroom light not working. Reported it, would be fixed in few minutes. 2.1/2 hours later still not fixed. Had to change rooms. TV belonged to dark ages. Remote didn't work could only get BBC1 and needed an ear trumpet to hear it. Food very good. Staff very friendly although not really very clued up on service. Wrexham lager wonderful though.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Martin E, General Manager at Rossett Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of Rossett Hall and Oscars Brasserie.

Firstly, please accept my sincere apologies for the maintenance issues, which tainted the quality of your stay at the hotel. We have a rolling program of improvements and refurbishment which is underway currently, improving televisions and room facilitates. I thank you for your comments regarding the good food and friendly staff. I have shared all your comments with my team as we are always striving to improve our standards.

Once again, please accept my sincere apologies for any disappointment cause and I do hope you will consider using Rossett Hall in the future.

Yours sincerely

Martin Elliott

Reviewed 20 August 2013 via mobile

Lovely stay once again at Rossett Hall. The rooms are a good size with everything you need and very comfy. Could do with air con though as we were all way too hot. Great breakfast lots of choices although service was not great and had to keep asking for things. Overall a great place to stay and handy for Chester.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Stayed here with my boyfriend for a weekend and it was great! Cute location not to far from city centre either. Few pubs nearby that serve lovely food! The rooms were nice and clean although the tv channels were not very good. The cocktails in Oscars are yummy!!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Helloxx
Reviewed 10 August 2013

My wife and I stayed at the hotel 7-9 August, using it as a base to explore North Wales so we only spent a few hours each day at the hotel but lets start with the good points. The hotel is ideally placed in a picturesque village close to main routes to Chester and Wrexham so it was easy for us to explore the north coast and environs. I cannot comment on the acclaimed Oscar's restaurant as we only used it for breakfast which we found to be average but on the whole acceptable. We were disappointed with the standard of service provided by the hotel staff -- we did not receive a particularly warm welcome when we arrived at the hotel and our departure yesterday morning was even more impersonal, we were not asked if we enjoyed our stay at the hotel or even a thank you or whether we would return.
We were allocated Room 47 which is a large room, comfortable bed and the free WIFI connection was a blessing late at night, However the bathroom has a cracked sink, the toilet roll holder is broken and there is mould around the tiles and ceiling -- a little off-putting to say the least. When we arrived at the hotel there was only half a roll of toilet tissue in the bathroom which was not replaced forcing us on the last day to use the box of tissues provided in the room, they also ran out....
I also had to leave a note next to the tea and coffee facilities asking the hotel staff to replenish the milk, which they had failed to do on our first full day at the hotel (8 August).
On the whole our stay at the hotel was pleasant enough but reception staff need to brush up on their people's skills and the hotel room cleaning staff need to be more proactive and forward thinking. We will not return to this hotel.

1  Thank Philjocar
Martin E, General Manager at Rossett Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of Rossett Hall. Please accept my apologies for the major shortfalls in customer service that you experience. This is not something my team at Rossett is renowned for, in fact the opposite is the norm with people enjoying the service they receive, however this was obviously not your experience.

Since the hotel was purchased in late December last year we have been working on refurbishing and improving all the hotel bedrooms and ground floor facilities, however we still have some bedrooms to improve to raise their standard from basic to comfortable and well equipped. I do however, appreciate that it was the service standard from our housekeeping team that caused your disappointment with the bedroom facilities, and something we will be addressing immediately along with the other areas you commented on.

Once again, please accept my sincere apologies and I do hope you will consider using Rossett Hall in the future, when I would be more than happy to handle your booking myself so I can show you a token of our apologies and ensure your comfortable stay.

Kind regards

Martin Elliott

Reviewed 4 August 2013

Stayed one night at the hotel last Friday.

We found the hotel staff very polite and the hotel itself spotlessly clean. The bedroom we had was large, well appointed, with all the required items like tea, coffee etc and the bathroom having all the gels, potions and lotions you require.

During the evening we ate at the hotels Oscars Restaurant where we enjoyed excellent food, nice wine and a great atmosphere topped off with firstclass service.

All was going extremely well until we came down for breakfast Saturday morning. Service was from 8am to 10am and we arrived at 9.20am. My wife went to the fruit section and came back empty handed. She regards four or more items of fruit as a fruit bowl. In this instance they had oranges cut into quarters complete with the peel ( Reminded me of the orange pieces we used to have at half time when I played foorball in my youth)and water melon cut into strips again with he skin attached.
Myself, being a salad and fruit bowl dodger, went straight to the hot selection. Picked up a hash brown on my plate and went to lift up the access lid to the other items. Beans empty, Mushrooms empty, bacon empty, scrambled egg empty but, sausages in abundance. I heard one or two other guests pointing out the obvious shortfall and even my wife joined in by asking for some bacon. After a few minutes a member of staff appeared with about half a dozen pieces of bacon which were immediately consumed by the lucky guests waiting by the hotplate. After waiting a few minutes we returned to the table to eat our one slice of bacon, sausage and hash browns. The toast then arrived half burnt and half with barely any sign of having been near a toaster. As we left I saw that there was now beans and scrambled egg in place.
Each of the breakfast item containers were fairly large and should have been regularly checked to see when they were becoming empty. You would expect one or two to become empty but, not almost the entire selection.
From the previous reviews this appears to be a one off but, I can only report on what happened during our stay

1  Thank Brian0727

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of Rossett Hall. I am please you enjoyed the hotels facilities, especially Oscars Brasserie which we have just finished giving a facelift to. As you experienced over dinner our new chef, Rob Price is producing some excellent food using the best of local ingredients and produce.

I am sorry that the breakfast left you feeling disappointed and not of the good standard you had experienced the night before. I have discussed your comments with everyone evolved to make improvements and ensure a great standard in the future.

Once again, please accept my sincere apologies and I do hope you will consider using Rossett Hall in the future.

Kind regards