Rossett Hall Hotel
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsoscars restaurantlovely hotelgolden liontrouser pressevening mealwonderful weddingreception areawedding partypubs within walking distancebuffet stylebridal suitefunction roomnorth waleswedding receptionvisiting chesterrestaurant managercouldn't fault
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 January 2014

My husband and I decided to have Xmas lunch and stop over for the evening at the Rossett Hall Hotel, Wrexham. We live quite near but it was a good opportunity to relax and have a drink after the meal. The meal was beautiful, we thoroughly enjoyed it and we were looked after and treated like royalty by all the staff.

We had a little break in our room, which was clean and very comfortable, there was a nice seating area in the room where we could watch tv, the reception was a bit dodgy though. Later that evening we got a bit peckish so ordered a sandwich which was delicious with a small side salad, fruit, cheese and biscuits and was brought to our room by two very nice ladies who were working that night.

They informed us that there was a quiz at 9 and we would be very welcome to join in, we joined in and were so glad we did. It was an absolutly lovely evening, nice company a little bar in a room warmed by a real log fire, it was so nice and cozy with about a dozen guests.

Breakfast was later than usual and we took our time, we were not rushed in the least. It was one of the nicest, calmest and enjoyable Xmas' I have ever had, thank you to all the staff who made our break memorable, especially Lyn who worked her socks off to give us all a good time.

We have been to several tribute nights and are never disappointed, but never stopped over before, but I think we will definately do so in the future. Thank you yet again.

Room Tip: Pay a little extra for a really nice room
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank agaig_partdeux
Reviewed 30 December 2013

My friend and I attended the Dirty Dancing / Grease night on 20.012.2013. Excellent tribute group, got the crowd involved. Food was not as good as it could have been, tasteless starter, ok main, but the dessert was horrible, watery cheesecake - never had that before. Also, expensive wine £17.00, the cheapest bottle, which, conveniently sold out in the first hour.
Staff were very accomodating and very organised.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ann C
Martin E, General Manager at Rossett Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Dear guest

Thank you for taking the time to review Rossett Hall’s Dirty Dancing Christmas Party night. I was disappointed to read some of your comments about the food on the evening as we have had a wealth of compliments over the festive period. I can only applogise for any disappointment this may of caused but I am pleased you enjoyed the act and found the staff helpful and accommodating.

Our wine prices are inline with other local establishments and other 3 star properties, but I am sorry we ran out of your chosen wine.

I do hope you will consider using Rossett Hall in the near future.

Reviewed 27 December 2013

Reading Dgoodall 1986 report he must have booked into Rossett Hall stables 3 miles away and got it wrong naming the wrong place!! my opinion only
Rossett Hall Hotel.Our party of 4 opinion on our 3 day Christmas Break is nothing short of amazing. Christmas Eve we where greeted by the Manager AND FRIENDLY smiling staff. Brilliant check in and quick. Stayed in rooms 26/27/28 nice and quiet plus plenty of space and spotlessly clean only drawback if you are a TV ADDICT on holiday (not us) picture not friendly on some Stations.Evening meal in Oscars can only be described as Ammmaaazzzzing Staff where so friendly thought we had died and gone to heaven! retired to the old drawing room to be greeted by a lovely glowing log fire (a real one) MAGIC looking out through the window at Jack Frost on the car park Priceless!! Xmas Day we skipped Breakfast as we where still amply full from the previous evening, walked around the lovely village of Rossett sporting 3 Pubs and a lovely Church one Pub on the river! a wonderful setting. We returned dressed up in our best tukka and made our way down for Xmas Dinner greeted by a friendly face and placed to our table.What speaks volumes for this Hotel 180 people sat down for lunch of those 150 where locals that in it self tells the story of a great restaurant in a small local community. The evening we had a platter served on a slate far to big! in the Old drawing room in front of the fire (take note management only thing missing Xmas Cake) Residents missed that Mrs Pickles to the fore!!! Lynn (Bar) worked on her own all night trying to interact the 18 of us in the Bar with a Quiz which got the party spirit going Charades/who am I/Name that Tune (BRILLIANT) I do not want to go overboard with this.
if you are looking for a quiet Christmas with a tad of great atmosphere and ambience friendly staff no noise this is for you

Room Tip: 26/27/28 these are the ones we had! but what the hell all quiet really end of Feb/ April might be a problem with Crows nesting in trees to the rear of these rooms
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear guest

Thank you for your very positive review of Rossett Hall after your recent Christmas stay. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay, Oscars Brasserie and the festive celebrations. It is very rewarding to hear your comments about the staff and the service as the team worked very hard during this busy period.

I look forward to welcoming back to Rossett Hall in the future.

Reviewed 26 December 2013

Stayed a night as a bit of a treat before going Xmas shipping in Wrexham. Very warm welcome upon arrival and no hassles booking in. Room was spacious and clean with all the ameneties. Great water pressure for a real massagy shower which is always nice. The food at Oscars was top notch and again the staff were very friendly, we stayed for drinks until late and there was no pressure to 'chuck' us out after the bar had closed. Breakfast was again quality in the morning. All in all a great hotel I would not hesitate to recommend.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Snowdonred

Dear guest

Thank you for taking the time to review Rossett Hall after your recent stay. I am so pleased you enjoyed the hotels facilities and look forward to welcoming you to Rossett Hall in the future.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

Rooms very cold no heating food not cooked properly was sick for three day after I stayed view not very good staff disrespectful ask to see the manger one more then one occasion witch said he didnt want to see me if I was complaining

• Stayed: September 2013
7  Thank Dgoodall1986
Martin E, General Manager at Rossett Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2013

Dear reader

This review is not genuine, the author has not stayed at Rossett Hall and his comments are not true or correct. Rossett Hall has been subjected to a campaign of hatred postings over social media and Trip Advisor of which this is one. Although Trip Advisor has removed most of the posts they cannot remove this one because it meets the required criteria.

We hope our customers both current and future disregard this comment, and trust that Rossett Hall is a quality hotel with great hospitality.

Regards