“Nice hotel, clean, friendly staff”
Review of Rossett Hall Hotel

Rossett Hall Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Rossett
Reviewed 25 March 2014

We have just spent 2 days stay at Rossett Hall hotel. It is in a lovely location of Rossett which seems to have nice local pubs.
The hotel was clean, nice size rooms, quiet, very friendly staff.
We ate in oscars brasserie on Sunday evening, the food was excellent, and they were kind enough to do us a cheese board even though this was not on the menu!
The only negative we had was that there seems to be a need for a bit of decorating in the corridors, but this was minor and certainly did not taint out stay!
Thank you for a lovely stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Helen L
There are newer reviews for Rossett Hall Hotel

Reviewed 23 March 2014

We have stayed at this hotel many times and it has been ok. However on our last visit for 2 nights it was just not there. The cleaners left a big bag of rubbish in our room which we put outside. It stayed there for 24 hours. The breakfast on the Sunday morning was a joke. The hotel had quite a lot of guests and only one waitress. Toast came cold and a long time after it was ordered. One of the tables along side us didn't get their toast at all. There were a good number of complaints by the guests.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Adrian J
Reviewed 19 March 2014

My self and three colleagues had been booked in here for some training in connection with our work. After so many soulless chain hotels for such stays Rossett Hall was a very pleasant change. We arrived after dark so didn't see much of the grounds then. My room was very spacious and had everything I needed for my short stay. We ate in the hotel a couple of times and the food was excellent. There aren't many menus where I would quite happily eat anything listed but I would at Rossett Hall. Breakfast is taken in the restaurant and is a buffet with a wide range of hot and cold items. I had no complaints about breakfast.
My colleagues were also happy with their rooms and the quality of the food. All the staff we came into contact with were pleasant and helpful.
I would be happy to stay again at Rossett Hall both for work, and as a private paying guest as I thought in provided good value and was clean, comfortable and friendly.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Gavin F
Reviewed 6 March 2014

We have stayed here twice now and have had to complain on both occasions. Scruffy outside space,watch the uneven flagstones. Scuffed paint in rooms. Mould around baths in both rooms we stayed in. Cobwebs. Poor quality pillows,quilts and towels. Poor choice at breakfast,no clean tables to sit at. Too few staff. I did get refund;but my complaint about a noisy lot of people in evenin meal was ridiculed. These people ruined everyones night,but manager said they could not possibly be noisy because they are locals.! Price was excessive for meal and bottle housewine £18.50 which is totally over the top. Would we return? Never. There are far better,classier hotels around in area that are better value.

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank Janet898
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

Good hotel, stayed in one of the refurbished rooms, friendly efficient staff.

Good breakfast, served by attentive and friendly staff, excellent pub down by the river where we ate in the evening on recommendation from the receptionist.

To sum up everything you would expect from a good hotel, after a recent disappointing stay at another near to Chester hotel, we will definitely be returning to Rosset hall again in the future.

Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Had a lovely weekend away at a Michael bubble tribute night . Checked into a lovely room unfortunately the expel air in bathroom would not turn off , reported it to the manager and he sorted it straight away. The food and entertainment was excellent

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 March 2014

First Impressions of Rossett Hall as I pulled into the car park were positive, grand looking 1700's building with Oscars Restaurant and plenty of spaces free...

It is a pleasant walk down to the reception desk, however I was greeted by 2 young girls who seemed uninterested at best as there was a young guy who was either or contractor or guest holding their attention.

I was given my pass card and directed to room 5 which is at the end of the ground floor corridor.

First impressions the room looked fairly basic and dated, in need of some investment, however upon further inspection a host of cleanliness issues appeared. I will be attaching photos to back up the following:

BATHROOM:

The toilet looked like it was stained by the previous person, the cleaner had left it uncleaned and not desirable....A squashed mosquito on the ceiling also greeted me with broken wings, the sink is cracked quite badly and the ledge where the radiator pipes are boxed in are dusty and filled with hair from end to end.

ROOM:

The two single beds are both uncomfy and uneven, the bed by the window has quite a high head end and you can feel the slope to where your feet rest, not great.. In the guest information folder its states that all rooms have a thermostatic control on the radiator, this is true, however mine did not work so therefore my room was unbearably hot constantly. Uncomfortable isn't the word. Please watch out when you enter the room as there is a nail/screw protruding from the wall, I presume this is where the fire exit plan is meant to be, myself being 6"4 could potentially scrape my temple by this. The carpet is noticeably stained in several areas and around the bin there are stains on the wall like an arc of dirt... The windows are mouldy and black and in bad condition, I can't imagine these have seen a cloth in many moons. There are bedside lamps for your enjoyment, mine however did not have a bulb in. No reading for me... Come on people, this is easy. If you like cobwebs then this is your place, there are cobwebs in every corner at every height, cobwebs from lights, cobwebs in the bathroom, some fairly substantial. These must have dodged the feather duster... The top of the mirror has a thick dust layer, nice and fluffy for your comfort.

All in all I thought that the recommendation would have had merit coming from a fellow colleague. However the recommendation will end with me. When I return to North Wales I will not be returning.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Suzuki_Dan_124
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rossett
Hallmark Hotel Llyndir Hall, Chester South
Ramada Plaza Wrexham
#3 of 10 in Wrexham
Grosvenor Pulford Hotel & Spa
The Lemon Tree Restaurant with Rooms
Holiday Inn A55 - Chester (West)

Been to Rossett Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!