“River view”
Review of The Alyn

The Alyn
Ranked #5 of 9 Restaurants in Rossett
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Nestled on the banks of the River Alyn in the pretty village of Rossett North Wales, The Alyn Riverside Country Pub offers excellent food and boasts a unique riverside setting...Combined with a warm and friendly welcome, The Alyn is much more than the average village pub. We have recently welcomed abroad a new award winning head chef and we are very keen to show off his talent. We are now working even harder to produce the best locally sourced, home cooked food possible.
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Good food and service, very good menu, went for the sizzling lamb yum yum"............".......................

1  Thank Susan N

Reviewed 7 August 2014

My husband and I visited this establishment one evening mid-week for a meal.
When we arrived we waited at the bar to be served, one of the girls behind the bar was messing around with a young man who was on our side of the bar and letting him pour his own drink, this didnt give us a very good first impression, whilst this was happening another man walked to the bar to wait to be served. After the young girl had finished "serving" the young lad she then went on to serve the guy who had walked up to the bar after us, again this annoyed us. When we finally got served we went and sat outside to eat as it was a lovely summers evening. A lot of other people were eating outside too, families, couples etc. Unfortunately there was a large group of young guys and girls who were very loud and their laungage was choice. Not once did the staff or management ask them to tone down their language.
When we ordered our food, it arrived and mine was the most tastless meal I have every had and to top it all off it had two long hairs in it.
This establishment has definately gone down hill since the last time I visited and I wont be returning again in a hurry.

4  Thank VLACheshire
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I took work colleagues here for a thank you lunch. Unfortunately the weather wasn't great so we had to sit inside. The service was good and the staff reasonably attentive however once our mains were served they didn't come to see if everything was ok. I had the duck to start it was lovely. I had the rib eye and pepper sauce for main. I asked for it to be rare it came more like medium rare however the meat was obviously from a good butcher the pepper sauce could have been hotter for my personal liking. The music is a little loud that is played. I wish we could have sat outside as the outside area looks so lovely when it is sunny. All in all a very pleasant experience.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

We went with family for a meal,sadly there was no childrens menu,a good start. We ordered our food and waited 35 minutes for our meals.When they arrived my £12 beef pie was served with a few chips and spoonful of peas,my partners burger,similar cost,had very little garnish or salad.At best this is pub grub which you would pay half for anywhere else.We should have read the warning signs when we went in ,ie very few customers.The plus side was that the waitress was very helpful and pleasant

3  Thank geoffreywilliams1836
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Dirty seating, very slow service and NO childrens menu. Over priced and over rated. The rating is for the setting and better fencing to river.

2  Thank julie t