“Fabulous ”
Review of The Alyn

The Alyn
Ranked #4 of 9 Restaurants in Rossett
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Nestled on the banks of the River Alyn in the pretty village of Rossett North Wales, The Alyn Riverside Country Pub offers excellent food and boasts a unique riverside setting...Combined with a warm and friendly welcome, The Alyn is much more than the average village pub. We have recently welcomed abroad a new award winning head chef and we are very keen to show off his talent. We are now working even harder to produce the best locally sourced, home cooked food possible.
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

Just back from a lovely few days in Chester and had to comment on this place. I tried a few places to eat during my stay but this was by far the best. Me and my husband stopped for lunch and each had a fantastic meal. A special mention should go to the staff who were lovely to chat to and really professional when taking plates/drinks away etc. It was strange to see that there are mixed reviews about this place because I could not fault anything. I would encourage anyone not to read too much into a few bad reviews and take this place for what I found it to be. A great setting, brill food and lovely staff. I will be back in again when I am next in the area!

4  Thank Katie E
There are newer reviews for The Alyn

Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

Visited the Alyn yesterday and had the best burger I've had in a while! My girlfriend had the chicken breast which was also very good. Great setting and very good staff, not 2 seconds after I had finished my pint that there was another one ready for me! This place had gone up in my estimations since the last time I came (ages ago) and I will definitely be coming back soon!

Reviewed 13 August 2014

The food here is excellent.
Highly recommend the Lamb Shank and Steak Pie. Enormous portions.
Good value.
Served by pleasant and helpful staff. Thoroughly enjoyed out meal there by the riverside. A truly beautiful experience in a beautiful location.
Highly recommended.

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Vgood food waitresses v attentive with my son giving him colouring books and chatting about his day must say that there is a childrens menu as previous posts said there wssnt any really nice setting by river u can see the trout on a sunny day had sunday lunch beef which was v tasty

1  Thank Paul P
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I have been visiting The Alyn with my family for around 8 years and I've never had a bad word to say. But the last few visits the food has really gone downhill I have always ordered the minted lamb skillet and the last few times I've had it it's been very disappointing and bland. We won't be visiting again very soon.

1  Thank Stephh9