“yummy lunch with mum!!”
Review of The Alyn

The Alyn
Ranked #6 of 9 Restaurants in Rossett
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Nestled on the banks of the River Alyn in the pretty village of Rossett North Wales, The Alyn Riverside Country Pub offers excellent food and boasts a unique riverside setting...Combined with a warm and friendly welcome, The Alyn is much more than the average village pub. We have recently welcomed abroad a new award winning head chef and we are very keen to show off his talent. We are now working even harder to produce the best locally sourced, home cooked food possible.
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I've always driven past but hadn't called in for years. Its in the most beautiful setting, bordered by the river. Typical Welsh weather ment we had to run inside for cover when the heavens opened! The staff were very accommodating finding us a new table, even tho it was busy. The food arrived promptly, and was very good. Mums fish and chips were great, although a massive portion! She should've ordered the smaller size, I was pleased as I had to help her out.. my cajun chicken salad was to die for, lots of chicken and very filling. I'm so glad we stopped, thanks very much to all the staff, you're doing a great job!

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Amazing. The place offered a fantastic welcome and very informative staff. The specials board had a lot of choice however we stuck to the main menu! I had the gigantic fish and chips whilst my father had the beef and ale pie. Both generous portions and good value for money. Although the sun was not shining the outside by the river looked very inviting and we sat and had coffee afterwards! Shock to read the below reviews but looks like this place has got right back on track. Keep it up!

Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Dined at the Alyn on Friday night, and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised.
I've eaten there a few times in the past as the outside eating area is second to none, this time we opted for inside - a great long table next to some patio doors looking out onto the river.
The service was quick & consistent throughout the evening, and certainly was service with a smile!

Many of us went for steaks which were all cooked to perfection & fantastically presented.
We couldn't decide on desserts so ordered one of each!
All just as tasty as each other.

All in all the Alyn provides the perfect environment for all occasions & I will certainly be returning soon!

Reviewed 17 August 2014

We went to the Alyn, Friday night Gutted the weather was garbage as it's still the best outside eating area in and around Wrexham. Nice atmosphere inside though.

Great burger for my mains, and of course it had to be the Alyn mess for puds.... Absolutely immense.

Great to see the staff back in a uniform, place was very slick and organised, so our food came in no time at all.... The Alyn is back.

Perhaps the weather will chip in next time.

Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

Just back from a lovely few days in Chester and had to comment on this place. I tried a few places to eat during my stay but this was by far the best. Me and my husband stopped for lunch and each had a fantastic meal. A special mention should go to the staff who were lovely to chat to and really professional when taking plates/drinks away etc. It was strange to see that there are mixed reviews about this place because I could not fault anything. I would encourage anyone not to read too much into a few bad reviews and take this place for what I found it to be. A great setting, brill food and lovely staff. I will be back in again when I am next in the area!

4  Thank Katie E