“Disappointed this visit” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Croes Howell

Croes Howell
Reserve with OpenTable
Croes Howell is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 9 Restaurants in Rossett
Cuisines: British, Welsh, Grill
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly, View, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
north wales
“Disappointed this visit”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

Visited Tuesday early evening and it was very quiet, usually there are a few more people in. We had the Chefs' platter to start which was very nice. But our mains were very poor. I had the Fish Pie which had been heated up far too much as the cheese on top had just turned to oil in the bottom of the dish, the potato has disappeared and the fish was just a liquid mess.
My husband had the Steak & Mushroom pie which was also poor, the meat was just a mass with no grav,y this was served with a few chips and peas, this was pub food not restaurant.
The waitress said I would not be charged for my meal which I was glad about as it was inedible. But to add insult to injury when we left and I saw the receipt I found I had been charged an extra 55p for each half a shandy I'd had (still charged though for a full half of lager)!
I hope it was just a blip as we have been often and enjoyed it.
My last review for here I praised.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank cybilbasil

Wales, United Kingdom
“Lovely evening”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

Met up with friends for a birthday celebration. Lovely evening with very good food, service and atmosphere. A great night out. Will return.

North Wales, United Kingdom
“Beautiful surroundings,good food,slow service.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

We decided to take advantage of the Wednesday offer "diamonds are forever" menu.On arrival we were greeted by a friendly, enthusiastic staff member,Our table took in the wonderful view,We chose ham,egg and chips, and goats cheese and mushroom lasagne, both were well cooked and delicious,however there was long wait from ordering to arrival.Another table of customers could not wait for their dessert as it had taken so long,and they left. We made the choice to order dessert and even though there were only two other customers, it took a while to arrive, the chef could be heard shouting "service" twice before anyone picked up our dessert. Having said that it was yummy!!. We will return and we recommend this restaurant to all.

1 Thank Rono53354
Flint, United Kingdom
“Excellent food, super service, great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

This restaurant was recommended by a work colleague after he heard me complaining that a lot of places were closed on a Monday evening and I wanted somewhere special for my Wedding Anniversary meal. We were not disappointed! Although the restaurant was very busy, most of the tables by the windows were occupied. Our waiters (brothers) were helpful (letting my husband taste the beer before he ordered a pint), friendly, entertaining and great characters. We chose the chef's sharing platter to start - lovely selection of stuffed mushrooms, king prawn tempura, chicken parfait and kedgeree fishcake which was more than enough and delicious. My husband & I both had the duck with the vanilla new potatoes (yes - these really do work) and our daughter the chicken fajitas. All hot, well presented and very tasty. We don't usually have desserts but got tempted by the chef's sharing platter again - banana split, Belgian waffle, chocolate & orange parfait and a strawberry mille feuille. Again all beautifully presented and all demolished! Based on the food, service and location (lovely views despite the rain) we will definitely be going back here again. Highly recommended.

3 Thank Helen L
Cotswolds, United Kingdom
“Excellent restaurant highly recommended”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

An oasis in a culinary desert as there is nothing else in the area of any quality. Enjoyed an excellent meal with niece and hubby who kindly treated us. Could not have wished for better.
Comprehensive menu for all three courses of chef prepared food. A little expensive however but quality does not come cheap. Would recommend and return when next in the area.

• 3 of 5 bubbles