“Food bland and very expensive.”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Limes Cottage Indian Restaurant - CLOSED

Limes Cottage Indian Restaurant
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: SY15 6QT is the postcode
“Food bland and very expensive.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013 via mobile

Very disappointed. Food very bland. All curries tasted very mild and service was slow. Waiter made mistakes with orders and had to come back twice until he got it right. Expensive. Ok for take away would not recommed eating in. We were the only party there place was dead.

• Visited June 2013

west yorks
“Lovely gem of an Indian”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2013

We went out to the limes on a Thursday night in April there were 8 of us and another couple only. This was a shame for ambience but service was fabulous so was the food, my sons curry not hot enough to his taste but everyone else was highly delighted. The onion bhaji's lovely, we were worried as previous reviews said they were not nice, but we all enjoyed them. Drinks not overpriced bill was £115 for 8 of us we were impressed. Homely surroundings nice enough just not elaborate. Would go again if visiting the area.

Shrewsbury
“Nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2013

My partner and I visited for a curry, bit of a long wait but I guess that shows its popularity, so popped out for a pint in lovely Monty setting while we waited. My biryani was pleasant, sauce could be tastier but I've eaten a lot of biryanis to compare to, partners korma was very nice. Overall nice food, tasted fresh and not oily, a traditional menu and good value. Your average UK Indian restaurant really.

Birkenhead, United Kingdom
“Very suprised”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2013

Went last Friday with my wife, heard different reports so thought I would find out for myself.
It was a former traditional British type restaurant, quite old and guaint, not at all like what you would expect of an Indian Restaurant to be. I suppose a refurbishment would not go a miss, but don't let that put you off, it was very clean and well laid out with a lovely log burner. We had three courses and a couple of bottles of Indian beer and were very pleased. The staff were very nice and not over bearing but very helpful if you asked a question.
If there was one thing i would change is the Lime Pickle, they did there's in a puree, I like mine chunky. In saying that it was tasty and with enough heat for those who like it.
Overall very pleased and would go back.

2 Thank James M
Llangadfan, United Kingdom
“Worth a visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2013

The menu and service was very good indeed but the place was empty and in need of complete redecoration. I had a chicken dansak which was delish but the onion bhaji was horrid. Staff need to be a bit quicker with the drinks which took forever and as we were the only guest this was unacceptable. Good for a takeaway.

Visited March 2013