From the moment we drove up the mountain and into Gellifawr looking for a wedding venue we were blown away by its beauty and rustic feel.
On meeting the staff who were so friendly and accommodating, we knew this had to be our venue. The atmosphere of the whole place just relaxes you instantly.
The rooms in which we stayed were lovely, oozing with character and all of our guests who stayed in both the hotel and the cottages loved it.
What we particularly liked that the place is yours exclusively even to the point of decorating and personalising the grounds and inside too.
With all of our guests joining us on the Friday for the Saturday wedding , It led to a wonderful party atmosphere. So we were spoilt with a wedding weekend and not just a wedding day.
We couldn't fault the food, presentation was lovely and it all tasted really good.
The staff- Nigel, Aled, Stan , the barmen and the girls were all fantastic.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gellifawr is located in the beautiful Gwaun Valley in the Pembrokeshire Coast National Park, about four miles from the coast and beaches at Newport Sands. Perfect for walking, bird watching, hiking, cycling, nature watching, beaches, sightseeing or just relaxing in the friendly and comfortable welcoming environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Gellifawr Woodland Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gellifawr Hotel Fishguard
- Gellifawr Woodland Retreat Pontfaen, Pembrokeshire