this is a beautiful venue and building in a remote, cosy, location with a comfortable bar, restaurant and function room where modern features blend nicely with the traditional feel.
the rooms will be a little tired for some tastes - flickering crt tv for example - and the staff, whilst friendly, seemed a little inexperienced. the kitchen produced lovely food in reasonable time and portions. this isnt the cheapest option locally, but just about worth the extra and under new owners it could well thrive
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gellifawr is located in the beautiful Gwaun Valley in the Pembrokeshire Coast National Park, about four miles from the coast and beaches at Newport Sands. Perfect for walking, bird watching, hiking, cycling, nature watching, beaches, sightseeing or just relaxing in the friendly and comfortable welcoming environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Odigeo, HotelQuickly and Priceline so you can book your Gellifawr Woodland Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gellifawr Hotel Fishguard
- Gellifawr Woodland Retreat Pontfaen, Pembrokeshire