Booked this before the new owners took over, and there was a mix up with the room and we were given a cottage instead of an executive room. Reception were very helpful and moved us to a preferable room - plenty of room and comfortable.
Very nice quiet location and the hotel bar and restaurant are a pleasant place to spend the evening if you don't want to go out. If you do, Newport is 10 minutes by car and has a couple of really good pubs. A few things need improving - the TV in the room was old - I think we all expect more than just BBC2, ITV and Channel 4 in a hotel these days, and a few bits of DIY could just tidy the place up - peeling wallpaper for example. Breakfast was fine, but a little attention to detail required such as ensuring the buffet was restocked.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gellifawr is located in the beautiful Gwaun Valley in the Pembrokeshire Coast National Park, about four miles from the coast and beaches at Newport Sands. Perfect for walking, bird watching, hiking, cycling, nature watching, beaches, sightseeing or just relaxing in the friendly and comfortable welcoming environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Gellifawr Woodland Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gellifawr Hotel Fishguard
- Gellifawr Woodland Retreat Pontfaen, Pembrokeshire