We booked a 1 bedroom cottage at this hotel as it had a great deal offer. When we arrived we were allocated a Newley refurbished 3 bedroom cottage which was lovely. You can park right outside the cottage which is great for un loading the car. The cottage was immaculate with plenty of towels, and with all the amenities for a holiday weather you want to stay in or use the restaurant at the hotel. There was plenty of hot water and central heating which you can control yourself.
We tried the restaurant for an evening meal, we wasn't going to as we had read a few negative reviews but I must say the meal was one of the best we have had in a while. The chef coming out several times to ensure everything was ok. There was a lovely young girl serving who was very attentive nothing was too much trouble. I would highly recommend. A two course meal was about £20 per person and worth every penny.
The cottages are a bit out of the way but it only takes about 10 minutes to get to newport about an hour to st David's and other areas.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gellifawr is located in the beautiful Gwaun Valley in the Pembrokeshire Coast National Park, about four miles from the coast and beaches at Newport Sands. Perfect for walking, bird watching, hiking, cycling, nature watching, beaches, sightseeing or just relaxing in the friendly and comfortable welcoming environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Evoline ltd, Atrapalo, Agoda and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Gellifawr Woodland Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gellifawr Hotel Fishguard
- Gellifawr Woodland Retreat Pontfaen, Pembrokeshire