Lovely hotel with nothing around it. However, still quite easy to find a well sign posted locally. Location is definitely the strongest part of the hotel, but if you want any local facilities then this isn't for you!
We stayed in 'Swallow Cottage' which was about the size of a small one bedroom flat, so pretty decent. Well stocked kitchen and everything clean.
Only problems with the room was the lack of soap in the bathroom. Which just seems a bit unhygienic to me! Other problem was that there was no way to close the skylight in the bedroom making the room very bright early in the morning.
Didn't eat in the hotel as the restaurant was quite expensive. Only the set menu was available and just not what we were looking for. £10 for breakfast also seemed excessive so we left it a lone. Did have a couple of drinks in the bar which was nice, including some ales brewed down the road (literally down the road, you drive past the brewery on the way to Newport).
Most of the staff very helpful, but did have one problem when checking out and the girl on reception saw my other half walking towards reception so wondered off into the bar.
Only other criticism is that we wanted to be able to see the stars but all the cottages had extremely bright lights outside them so this made it difficult.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gellifawr is located in the beautiful Gwaun Valley in the Pembrokeshire Coast National Park, about four miles from the coast and beaches at Newport Sands. Perfect for walking, bird watching, hiking, cycling, nature watching, beaches, sightseeing or just relaxing in the friendly and comfortable welcoming environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo, Evoline ltd, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Gellifawr Woodland Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gellifawr Hotel Fishguard
- Gellifawr Woodland Retreat Pontfaen, Pembrokeshire