We stayed in the hotel for a 2 night break. To find any any serious faults would be harsh and picky.
The staff were pleasant, polite & friendly and made us feel welcome from booking to leaving.
The location is in the middle of the countryside making it perfect for those who want a relaxing break with peace and quiet and access to all that the Pembrokeshire National Park has to offer.
We had a second floor room with views over the countryside and the cottages. The room wasn't the biggest but it was adequate with all ammenities including tea & coffee.
The bar offered a good selection of beers, lagers and cider plus all of your favourite tipples.
A local blonde beer made about a mile from the hotel was very nice and resonably priced as were all other drinks except Peroni at £5 a pint but that seems to be the going rate for that particular brand.
We ate in the restaurant for dinner one night and the other night we drove a couple of miles to the local town of Newport. Two breakfasts were included in our package. Got to give the food quality an 8 out of 10.
The serious critics would find some minor faults with this hotel but all in all we really enjoyed our stay
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gellifawr is located in the beautiful Gwaun Valley in the Pembrokeshire Coast National Park, about four miles from the coast and beaches at Newport Sands. Perfect for walking, bird watching, hiking, cycling, nature watching, beaches, sightseeing or just relaxing in the friendly and comfortable welcoming environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Gellifawr Woodland Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gellifawr Hotel Fishguard
- Gellifawr Woodland Retreat Pontfaen, Pembrokeshire