“Fabulous Wedding”

Holiday Inn A55 - Chester (West)
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Northop
Mold, United Kingdom
“Fabulous Wedding”
Reviewed 25 September 2013

We got married here two weeks ago and I cannot praise the service we had highly enough. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff. The food and venue outstanding. You don't have to pay a small fortune to have a perfect day. The price was unbeatable without any hidden extras.
A huge thank you to all the staff who made our day very special.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
CHEUK_Response_from, Owner at Holiday Inn A55 - Chester (West), responded to this review, 30 September 2013
Dear Elaine

Thank you so much for your further kind comments following your wedding at the hotel on Friday 13th September.

I was so pleased that the venue, food and service lived up to your expectations we try very hard to over deliver in these areas and I will certainly make sure that your comments are passed to all the team at the hotel.

May I personally take this opportunity to wish you both the very best for the future and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Many thanks again.

Director

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Great Yarmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I have been a coach driver for about 34 years and have been in endless Hotels, guest Houses and B and B's......I Use about 20 to 30 per year in the course of my work...
This Hotel is possibly the best I have been in..... The food is excellent, the beds and rooms are spotless and VERY comfortable. The staff on all levels are brilliant ( nothing too much trouble ).
There is also a garage on site, which make life a lot easier for fuel on the Expressway.
All in all a great experience........ I would certain recomend this Hotel to anyone.
Thank you Holiday Inn.
David T Coach driver

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Backwell
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Eight of us (4 couples) were visiting northop for a Golden Wedding close by

This hotel is perfect for this type of visit to North Wales.It turned out that 16 more people staying here were going to the same event .
There was also a wedding and a special birthday get together taking place in the hotel
The management had a big task on their hands and handled everything efficiently and without fuss.
Holiday Inn seem to be doing it right.

Room Tip: choose the ground floor
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Old Colwyn
Reviewed 14 September 2013

Here for a wedding, the "lady" running the wedding seemed quite miserable. Seriously!
Residents bar open to 2 am, to which a staff member, shirt hanging out with mug in hand closed it at 1.50 am. As he was switching lights off, I asked if I could by a last round, to which he just had his back to us and said "no".
Bedroom wasn't as clean as it could be, the tiles in the bathroom floor were disgusting.
Reception staff, cheer up.
Breakfast staff seemed pretty ok to be fair, food was nice.
Shame.... back to Premier Inn in Chester it is then.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Nikki F
CHEUK_Response_from, Owner at Holiday Inn A55 - Chester (West), responded to this review, 16 September 2013
Dear Guest

I am disappointed to learn of your comments following last Friday’s wedding. Particularly (weather apart) as the day had gone so well.

Please be assured that as soon as I have followed through your comments, I will be writing to you personally.

Yours sincerely

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We had our son's Christening reception in the Vivaldi Suite and it was perfect. Exactly what we were looking for. Family travelled from all over the country and it was great that we were all able to stay in the same hotel. The restaurant and bar is nice and the breakfast was good. Between us we all used every room type, they were spacious enough, clean and well kept.

The event itself could not have been better. We were well looked after by the staff who were incredibly helpful in making sure the event ran smoothly. The bouncy castle was an absolute winner with the kids, the room was a great size and the outside garden was perfect with the sunny weather we were lucky enough to have.

Price wise, I don't how you could beat it.

If I did have one criticism, it would be to perhaps have a temporary blockade during events to prevent access to the car park from the outside garden. Our event had lots of kids of all ages and it have been nice if we could have let them play freely outside without the fear of them getting into the carpark. However, they rarely left the bouncy castle for this to be an issue!!

All in all we would recommend this venue to anyone with a family event coming up.

Thank you so much to all the staff, particular Cheryl and Sue, who really made the event the success that it was.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank SamanthaEH
wales
Reviewed 28 August 2013

We booked after a previous pleasant stay. This time there was nothing pleasant I`m afraid.
The room was really tired, the chair was very dirty, refused to sit on it, curtains stained. The TV didn`t work, the hairdryer was working for about 10 seconds and then stopping, the lighting was really poor. When we arrived we have been asked to order breakfast by 10 pm if we wanted a discount which I found very annoying. We went for a walk and popped in Mac Donalds for a smoothie and we`ve seen the girl from the reception eating there! What does that tell you about their own food..... Having seen that, I refused to eat in the Hotel and went to OK Dinner instead. I was dreading the night and was very happy to check out and carry on with our trip.The staff at the checkout asked if everything was OK and she said that they do have spare hair dryers! My answer was : I should not have to ask for hairdryers and tv`s after checking in! There should be working ones provided in the rooms as stated on the website!!! On our next trip to Chester we will be booking elsewhere!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank izzy7980
MJSCHEUK, Owner at Holiday Inn A55 - Chester (West), responded to this review, 30 August 2013
Dear Guest

I was disappointed to learn that your most recent stay was less than satisfactory, particularly in view of the fact that you had been kind enough to provide us with a extremely complimentary review on your previous visit.

May I immediately advise that that bedroom you occupied had previously been scheduled for refurbishment during October. As a consequence of your comment, I have re-inspected today and would advise that the chair and net curtains have already been replaced, as has the hairdryer. I am at a loss to explain about the television as it appears to be working perfectly and has not been the subject of any maintenance requests. Indeed I would have been very surprised if there had of been a fault as our 26" flat screen TV's were only purchased earlier this summer. As an aside we are updating our system in September to include all Freeview channels to compliment our Sky Sports channels which are available in our guest bedrooms and in the Hotel Lounge.

I am sorry if we caused any offence by offering you a discount on your breakfast. We have found that this offer, available either when booked in advance or on arrival at the weekends, to be incredibly popular with laterally thousands of people taking advantage of the benefit from the great value for money that it provides.

I regret that I do not see the rationale between the personal dining habits of my team and the quality of our food. I am more confused because on your previous visit, you remarked "lovely service, beautiful layout, the food was very good and the atmosphere was lovely", which I would have thought would have provided a more accurate basis on which to determine where to dine.

I am extremely sorry that you did not enjoy your stay.

Regards

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 August 2013 via mobile

I stayed here on Sunday 17/8/13 & enjoyed my stay.I was playing golf nearby & booked as it was close & convenient.
There is ample parking at the hotel which is at a motorway type service area. Don't let that put you off though.The hotel is well up to Premier Inn standards which I use regularly,the room was clean with a large tv & sky sports included-how refreshing. Free good wi-fi is available too.
We used the restaurant in the evening & the menu was varied & good value,far better than chain pub standard.As a constructive comment I would suggest table cloths in the evening would add to the ambience in the restaurant as would slightly subdued lighting.
Breakfast the next morning was excellent,very extensive,constantly topped up buffet both hot & cold,I wish all hotels I stayed at had such a good choice.
Overall this is a hotel I would use anytime I was in the area & I would unreservedly recommend it for value &.quality.

• Stayed August 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Northop
Village Hotel Chester St David's
Beaufort Park Hotel
Travelodge Chester Northop Hall
Northop Hall Country House Hotel
Hallmark Hotel Llyndir Hall, Chester South
Springfield Hotel & Health Club
Springfield Hotel & Health Club
#1 of 1 in Pentre Halkyn

Been to Holiday Inn A55 - Chester (West)? Share your experiences!