“Great weekend break”

Ranked #2 of 6 Denbigh B&B and Inns
Carlisle, United Kingdom
“Great weekend break”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Stayed here last weekend. Food excellent. Very comfortable room. My husband had bad back so they carried him a hard chair up to room, even brought a print out of route to wedding venue without being asked. Very helpful all round. Old Tavern so mix of old and new fittings. No lift. But staff will carry anything you need. Floors uneven because of age, but loved it. Tea and coffee and great bath shower. Under new Management and their really trying. Well done.

Room Tip: Old travel Inn, so floors uneven, with mix of modern and old fittings,
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lyn B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Dudley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We have just returned from a 3 night break at this quirky hotel on a KGB deal we were given 2 very nice rooms on the.front of the hotel Fairholm and Myddleton yes there is a bit of out side noise but you are in the middle of a town. The beds were very comfortable and nice flat screen TVs .the only criticism is the wardrobe in Fairholm room is far to small. We had two evening meals here and both were lovely especially the fish and chips.we all agreed they were best we had ever had. The breakfasts are huge they defiantly keep you going all day.The staff are very friendly and helpful they were very good with keeping us a car parking space as We had a disability blue badge.the bar also has a good choice of ales. Over all a very welcoming place and always lovely and warm.

Room Tip: Possibly the rooms at the rear may be quieter if you are troubled by early morning noise but we did...
2 Thank Carolyn E
manchester
Reviewed 1 June 2014

we booked a stay for our wedding anniversary, with a voucher through kgb, so the price was excellent. the general accommodation is gorgeous and quirky and has character. the view from our room was amazing. and the location is brilliant, right in the centre of Denbigh. However, the room was not amazing, I had asked for one of the rooms in the eaves, as per the pictures on the website. the room we got was in the eaves, but it was not as nice as any of the rooms I had seen on the website. the bed was a little hard and the décor was a little tired. The breakfast was below par. My husband ordered the scrambled eggs, which were pretty solid, dry and not seasoned properly. I asked for the pancakes with maple syrup, they were a little cold, a bit tough and it was definitely not maple syrup. my final issue was with the car parking. this was a complete nightmare, and very frustrating. this issue should really be looked into and resolved as a matter of urgency. Basically there are not enough parking spaces, and you have to block people in (and can be blocked in yourself) and may then be disturbed to move your car. The bar area was very nice and the prices for drinks were very reasonable. we did not eat a main meal at the hotel. Denbigh itself is also lovely. I would recommend a trip.

1 Thank cazgeorge
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I bought this deal for two nights and was looking forward to it as i had not been in this area before, we stayed in the castle room which was quite big and a clean bathroom but the dust in the bedroom was unbelievable dust in the cupboard was thick when my trousers fell off the hanger i could not believe how dirty they where with dust, then we noticed the dust on the tea table ho boy they need a new cleaner or two. Yes the staff where great and the breakfast was excellent, the new owners should inspect the rooms before they are let. I hope the owners take this on board and do something about it.

1 Thank Roger P
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Two nights in the Dudley room opposite the old guildhall building the room was large and comfortable full of character, the evening meals was good quality and the breakfasts were top quality, I don't normally have too much on my plate but I struggle to eat all that was put in front of me. We had a hired suit for a wedding delivered prior to our visit and this was in the room prior to us arriving we required an iron and an ironing board again this was delivered to the room. we were asked if we had enough tea and coffee in the room this was supplied.
It was nice to be in a small hotel with first class staff that care how your day went, every body made an effort. I would really like to keep this place a secret, but that would be so unfair to those people that worked so hard to keep us happy and make our visit stress free.
Tony

Room Tip: Dudley room is a double and sleeps 4 if required we also booked another room for other family member...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Anthony F
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Brilliant location just off the main street. I stayed here for two nights last week. Generally clean, the bathroom was a bit dusty but nothing too serious, lovely looking room but my main gripe was the bedding. The duvet and pillows were so lumpy, even when the bedwas made you could see huge craters in it..this made my sleep uncomfortable even though the bed itself was fine, and very nice linen used. Would stay here again though but would check the bedding first.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Lani_Cardiff
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 May 2014

My husband and I stayed here last weekend, staying in the Dudley Room, which was wonderful - very big, with an oak bean across the middle. The hotel is right in the centre of Denbigh, so great location, and the staff were very friendly. The breakfast was good and I would definitely recommend the hotel. My husband loved the real ales, served in the bar, and though there was no parking, as the parking area is very small, we were advised as to where to park, which was free and very close by.

1 Thank Valerie J
Also consider these accommodations in or near Denbigh
Ruthin Castle Hotel
#1 of 5 in Rhyl
Hafod Elwy Hall
Hafod Elwy Hall
#1 of 1 in Denbigh

Been to Guildhall Tavern Hotel & Restaurant? Share your experiences!