“DARTS NIGHT (MONDAY)🎯”

Ranked #8 of 52 Restaurants in Denbigh
Price range: US$5 - US$25
Cuisines: Seafood, British, Gastropub
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Cosy pub with separate dining room in North Wales village of Llandyrnog.
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Brilliant evening tonight, the team made us all welcome.
Lovely country pub, with great selection of drinks. James made me a lovely fresh hot chocolate this evening. Fantastic. Brilliant that you can pay by card too.
As it's darts night owners provided food for teams, great selection of fresh sandwiches, chips & home made scotch eggs (amazing)
Will defenitly be coming for an evening meal here soon.
Thanks again

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

Myself and my business partner came for lunch midweek, mostly because of the beautiful beer garden. The welcoming on arrival was less than friendly and the bar man immediately put us on edge (later found out he was the owner). The food was fantastic, we didn't have to wait long either, although it wasn't busy. We were so let down by the attitude and arrogance of the owner that we wouldn't visit again. Could be such a lovely place if only it was more welcoming to those that come from outside the village.

Date of visit: June 2018
5  Thank MonkeyFeet15
Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

My wife and I popped in for an evening meal and ate in the bar area as the restaurant was closed. Didn't bother us as we like a traditional country pub atmosphere. A roaring log fire kept us warm. We both had the gammon which was very tasty. As usual there was a good selection if local beers.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

Nearly drove past this unassuming, and what just looked like a pub, which we figured would just do pub grub type of food, however looking at the selection on the menu we started to think it could be a step up from that. I had the soup, (beetroot), to start with, and I can't remember the last time I had a better one but it would've probably been at michelin star restaurant. For my main I had the lamb cutlets with lamb shoulder and mash, which was also very, very good. Mash was very creamy, veg was cooked just right and with a crisp, but the best part was the lamb with a little mint sauce. All there produce is sourced locally which it states on the menu, which I think reflects the surprisingly low price we paid. Staff where great and very friendly and the atmosphere fear also. The only downside I thought was going outside to the beer garden, and trying not to look the sheep, in the field next door, in the eyes. So other than my carnivorous guilt, I couldn't rate this place higher, so get ye sat nav out, put the address, and try this lovely unassuming place, I'll certainly be back.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

Went here for an evening meal with family. Absolutely gorgeous food could not fault it at all. It's a lovely little country pub but the food was definatly restaurant standard. All homemade fresh food had a bit of a wait for food but wasn't a problem as you know it's getting cooked from fresh.
Will be visiting again in the near future.

Date of visit: April 2018