“Absolutely perfect”
Review of Auberge du Val

Auberge du Val
Reviewed 13 July 2014

A group of 6 stayed 4 nights at this little gem of a hotel in a picturesque rural setting. Fernando was a very welcoming host and all of the staff were friendly and very happy especially Maria-Edelina. We travelled by local bus and the stop was right across the road. The rooms were clean and well maintained and all have a lovely outlook. The restaurant was fantastic and popular with locals, the food was tasty and fresh with a great wine list. We give this hotel a wonderful recommendation.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank TandG88

Reviewed 16 June 2014

My brother and I have just returned from a 2 night stay at this hotel. Looking at a couple of the negative reviews I am astonished that anyone could find any fault with this charming hotel at all! Delightful rooms, lovely breakfast, very relaxed, friendly staff, Fernando (the owner) is the most fantastic host, our every need was catered for. A quiet little place with only 9 rooms (I believe), the church clock chimes, but I consider this to be a delightful sound, situated opposite a beautiful meadow. I would not hesitate in recommending the Auberge to anyone and will most definitely be going back there!

Room Tip: The rooms opposite the courtyard outside are highly recommended.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Val S
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We wanted a picturesque hotel, but the hotle only just lived upto expectations. Not as many flowers as we were expecting.
Rooms were comfortable, but the showers are not upto scratch. THere are no shower curtains and the water temperature was very difficult to adjust.
Breakfast was OIK I suppose, but nothing special ( A bit stingy I felt, not much butter for example).

All in all , I felt let down for what I consider to be a high price.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Bryan50100
Reviewed 22 May 2014

The Auberge Du Val hotel was not really my first choice of accommodation on Guernsey. As with Jersey, we had not intended bringing our car, and were going to rely on the bus services for transportation. I found that there appeared to be limited accommodation for the price which we intended to pay, and the other accommodations - mainly in St Peter Port - were not able to accommodate us for our full period of visit. And, again, like Jersey, we eventually decided that we had perhaps made the better of choices, away from the main town where parking would have been an issue. (So do ensure you inquire about parking if taking or hiring a car!!).

Actually, as the Hotel has a very popular Restaurant, car parking can be a bit of a problem for guests if you come back in the early evening. However, there is a grassy field adjacent, where cars can easily be parked should the Hotel's car park be full (which it was during our stay).

We had opted for Bed and Breakfast accommodation, but the restaurant is open to visitors and non-residents from Tuesdays to Saturdays, although the bar, I think, is open every evening.

Our room was very clean and pleasant, and overlooked the mainly quiet country road. We also soon got used to the church clock which chimes each quarter hour and the hour all through the night.

The Proprietor, Fernando, is a pleasant man, who ensures that his guests are well looked after, and we have no hesitation in recommending this accommodation.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 May 2014

My dad and I stayed at this lovely hotel for five nights in May. I wasnt expecting very much when I booked, but boy was I wrong. Set in a lovely quiet part of Guernsey, the hotel is clean and nicely furnished. The hotel is surrounded by the most beautiful gardens that seem to go on for miles. The restaurant provides first class dining. We ate there most evenings. The staff were all wonderful and very helpful. When I booked to come to the Auberge du Val, I was a bit apprehensive incase the rooms wouldnt be warm enough for my 84 year old dad. I needn't of worried as the rooms were boiling and the heating seemed to be on all day. I had to switch my radiators off for the entire stay. All in all, a great hotel with wonderful food and a very, very hard working owner who serves the best coffee I've ever had. How can you go wrong??

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Great rural location for this old farmhouse in Saint Saviour, Guernsey. Nice ensuite room (the TV seemed to have a mind of its own), excellent restaurant and superb coffee at breakfast. Would happily stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NeachTurais
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I stayed here whilst on business and my stay was pleasant. My only frustration really was the lack of Wi-fi in the rooms and the missing Sunday evening meal.

The Manager, Fernando is very inconsistent with his service, you really don't know which mood you're going to get so it's best not to engage in conversation with him.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
#3 of 19 in St Peter Port
The Farmhouse Hotel
The Farmhouse Hotel
#1 of 2 in Saint Saviour

Been to Auberge du Val? Share your experiences!