“Absolutely lovely”

The Farmhouse Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Saint Saviour
Reviewed 9 April 2014

We've just spent a fabulous 3 nights at the lovely Farmhouse Hotel. From start to finish it was truly excellent. The staff couldn't do enough for us - so helpful (from advice about the local buses down to where we should go for dinner in St Peter Port). The room was gorgeous and very 'boutique' style. Every last detail was thought of - it really made our stay very special. We loved the bathroom too - a rainforest style walk-in shower and then lovely white robes to put on afterwards were a great touch! We would love to go back in the summertime as the gardens and swimming pool looked amazing. We ate in the hotel on our first night and were not disappointed - the food was excellent, complimented by great service. The breakfasts were great too, with an a la carte choice which always is much better than a buffet-style offering. The eggs benedict with Guernsey cured ham was our favourite! : - ) We will definitely be going back to The Farmhouse. Well done guys!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Michael A

Reviewed 1 April 2014

I've just spent a night at this most amazing hotel! The room was superb the decor exquisite the bath tub sublime and shower dazzling!! I cannot recommend it more highly, the food was excellent the staff very friendly and professional. The gardens lovely, I cannot wait to return on my next business trip. Thankyou all for a very enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: I stayed in a superior room, but I think the standards here are so high that I would be happy in any...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Stephanie C
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Arrived at the hotel shown direct to the table, nobody offered a drink for some 10 / 15 minutes, then have placed the drinks order it was very slow in coming, ordered food, which was very good but the service was slow, three of the four meals served and then a wait for the fourth as the wrong meal had been sent out.
Nobody asked If further drinks were required and in fact staff were very obvious by the lack of attention.
On conclusion of the meal even having orders sweets again nobody asked if further drinks were required, nobody offered coffee.
We left the table and when to the reception area where our coats were reunited with their respective owners and it was not until I turned back as we walking out and said do you want paying that any interest was shown.
Overall I have to say not impressed but the food was good.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Guern54
Luke N, Owner at The Farmhouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2014

Dear Madam,

I am very sorry that your recent dinner at The Farmhouse was a disappointment and not the enjoyable experience that it should have been.

Naturally we set ourselves high standards when it comes to customer service but clearly we fell some way short of the kind of hospitality our guests have come to expect on this occasion.

All I can do is hold my hands up, apologise for our shortcomings and ask that you give us an opportunity to restore your faith in The Farmhouse.

Yours sincerely,

Luke

Reviewed 19 March 2014

My husband and I spent three nights at the Farmhouse and would judge the facilities offered to be amongst the best we have ever encountered - my favourite being the fantastic blue lit shower with 'raindrop' shower head and under heated floor. Great! The huge fluffy white bath sheets were also a nice touch.

There was nothing that the hotel could have offered that it didn't and we liked the little touches such as having a cafetiere and ground coffee provided together with a small decanter of sherry which was refilled every day, unlike most hotels where you receive a welcome drink and that's it!

The service we received was professional but friendly - even when I complained of the noise from fan placed just outside the bedroom which kept me awake for the first night of our stay. This was dealt with promptly and the compromise of turning the fan off at 10.30 pm was reached. If you stay in room 3 be aware that this might be a problem.

My only other gripe is that we would have liked to eat in the hotel each evening, but were put off on our first night by an over-abundance of staff, a long wait for food (1.5 hrs to get through two courses + a small starter 'compliments of the chef' to make up for the long wait for our main course), and the fact that the Passion Fruit Meringue that I ordered consisted of four tiny shop bought meringues, carefully placed, plus four raspberries, carefully placed, and four sticks of pineapple, again carefully placed - but not a sign of Passion Fruit. When I queried this my plate was taken away and a small portion of what I was told was Passion Fruit ice cream had been put into the middle of the pineapple sections.

We had opted for an early meal and we were the only people in the restaurant to start with. A family arrived later and then another couple, so there was not the excuse that the restaurant was busy. It seems a shame that this lovely hotel cannot match the excellence of the facilities with a first rate restaurant, which would have been the icing on the cake.

Room Tip: Room 3 can be noisy if the fan outside is not turned off at night.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank mrst148
Reviewed 28 January 2014

We visited on 26 September 2013 for a 6 night stay.

Room 12 was superb. Very, very clean and a fabulous bathroom. The chef prepared us picnics dreamed of in the 'Famous Five' - Enid Blyton, for our days out around the Island.

Room Service breakfast was limited but excellent.

However, on 01 October 2013, the owner held a Cricket Club do with 100 guests. They took over the Resident's bar area before dining and we forfeited pre-dinner drinks on my husband's birthday! The menu was changed to cheaper food with no a la carte options. We had pies. We were not given notice of the event or menu change!

The hotel owner made no attempt to interact with guests at any time in 6 days but held his meetings with them in the bar/restaurant, interrupting their relaxation. It began to feel like his club, with guests to pay for it...

If the owner would be considerate to his guests (we did spend a lot in your hotel) and listen to Donna. Get help in the kitchen for Chef when you do your events to give a full menu and not just a less than good pie for everyone, without notice, then we may come back to this hotel.

I visit 5* hotels regularly and often find a small quibble. This had non until 01 October. A miraculous thing, according to my husband!

Thank you to Donna and Romano for excellent service especially. Obviously, the other staff worked hard for our stay.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Jane C
Reviewed 10 January 2014

Five of us spent three nights at the Farmhouse. We all had a wonderful time. The staff was very attentive; the rooms were very exquisite with blue lights in the shower and a bottle of port and chocolate waiting for us! The two dinners that we had were excellent.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank RV6Builder
Reviewed 10 November 2013

A small hotel and restaurant in Saint Saviour at only 5 minutes from the airport. The rooms are confortable and equipped with all the expected facilities. The shower room is great with the blue lights in the wall. The floor made of stones is heated. The bedroom is nice and confortable. There's a good restaurant with a rich menu. The quality is good and the result is a restaurant complete every evening. Tip: book a table in advance!
Finally, the staff is very friendly and helpful.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
#3 of 19 in St Peter Port
Fermain Valley Hotel
Fermain Valley Hotel
#6 of 19 in St Peter Port

Been to The Farmhouse Hotel? Share your experiences!