“A special experience”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Great Milton
Beaconsfield, United Kingdom
“A special experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2011

The stay was a 40th birthday treat for my wife and I and it lived up to expectations. We felt special from arriving through to leaving. The food was supurb and the ambiance in the restaurant just right - special and a sense of occasion without being in any way stuffy. Do make time to have a stroll round the gardens, which are amazing in themselves.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (374)
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2011

My son arranged a one night stay at Le Manoir for my self and my partner. Every thing was perfect and would suggest that every one should add it to their wish list and go at least once. I was nervous about staying there, a bit more up market than our usual hotels, but it was really relaxed and the staff are friendly, but not in your face. The staff, the food, the accommodation were all faultless. Not the cheapest place may be, but for a special occasion it's spot on. My partner has a significant birthday next year, as I wondered how we could improve on this years treat he suggested two nights for next year. Not going to disagree we'll start saving now!

Woking, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2011

I was surprised with this visit to Le manoir to celebrate my 50th birthday on October 26th by my husband, I never imagined I would get to stay in such a wonderful place. The staff were amazing, the suite (Lemongrass) out of this world. We had a wonderful dinner, every course a taste sensation. We both wanted to stay longer, it was sublime and relaxing.

I have always been a big fan of Raymond Blanc, having the oppertunity to meet him was the highlight of my day, it was not pre arranged, he was obvoiusly busy and on his way somewhere but he took the time to have a picture taken with me. He was very gracious and obliging.
Raymond and his team have truly made heaven on earth at Le Manoir.
I hope to go again one day, but if it's not to be I will always remember it.

There was nothing I could fault except perhaps the cost, but you do get what you pay for in this world and having experienced what I consider to be the best in service, food and accomodation at Le Manoir would pay it again in a heartbeat ( or perhaps my husband would)
If you get the chance to go, don't hesitate.

Room Tip: Go for the Lemongrass suite. We chose the connoisseur package, wine included in the meal. worked o...
West Sussex
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2011

I love le manoir. The service is perfect, rooms breathtaking and the food fantastic. All the staff take pride in what they do. I am looking forward to going back again soon.

• Stayed October 2011
Evesham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2011

We have just spent a brilliant day at Le Manoir. We had a garden tour with the head gardener which was very interesting, learning all about the foreign vegetables that Raymond likes to grow. The staff were wonderfully attentive without being under your feet, nothing was too much trouble. Lunch was in the conservatory with lovely views over the garden, each course just amazing. We had coffee in the lounge and then we went around the garden again on our own. It was really nice to met Raymond just before we went home. I would love to go back and spend a weekend there. An experience not to be missed.

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2011

My husband took me here as a birthday surprise last year. The experience I had at Le Manoir made it my best birthday ever. From the moment we arrived, we were treated like royalty, and every little detail was taken care of beautifully. The level of service was perfect, attentive, but not intrusive in any way.

We stayed in the Snow Queen Room, which had a very romantic decor, and a private terrace in the courtyard outside. Absolutely beautiful. When we arrived at the room there was champagne and a selection of chocolate and various treats waiting for us.

The grounds were outstanding as well, with a beautiful croquet lawn, and extensive gardens. They grow a lot of the food they use at the restaurant on the grounds, so it was fun to walk around and try to guess what was going to be on the menu that evening!

Dinner was absolutely sublime. We were seated out on the lawn, and given champagne and menus to peruse before going inside for the main event. The food was wonderful and obviously very fresh tasting. Service was perfect. When I got a bit cold in the middle of the evening, the waiter made it his mission in life to fix the temperature where I was sitting. We had breakfast at the restaurant as well, and it was just as good as the dinner. I had a vegetarian breakfast because I couldn't get enough of all the fabulous, fresh vegetables from their garden. My husband had the traditional English breakfast, and to this day he still says it was the best full English he's ever had.

I would go back to Le Manoir in a heartbeat, and highly recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
Newbury
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2011

I received the 1 day food and wine course as a birthday present, and waited 5 exciting months until this week.
It was amazing. The course was exciting, educational and fun. It included dinner and a night at the hotel.
I was joined in the evening by my husband and 7 year old daughter. We had the nine course tasting menu which was exquisite. The waiters were so attentive that they invited our daughter into the kitchen to choose her desert, which was met with squeals of delight when she showed us what she'd chosen.
I would highly recommend his as one of life's great experiences, as it's worth every penny.
Thanks to all the staff for their attention to detail.

• Stayed October 2011
The Oxford Belfry
The Oxford Belfry
#2 of 2 in Milton Common
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,640 reviews

Been to Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat'Saisons? Share your experiences!