I have been extremely fortunate to have stayed here on several occasions and I have never been disappointed. From the moment you arrive to the often too soon departure you are well looked after.
The rooms have all been very carefully planned and designed with input from Raymond Blanc. One of my favourites was the Dovecote which is, as its name suggests, a converted dovecote arranged on two levels. With luxurious toiletries in the bathrooms and complimentary fruit and Madeira in the rooms, it is very easy to unwind and forget the worries of the world.
All the staff are very friendly and nothing is too much trouble. Every guest is important to them regardless of bank balance or celebrity status, obviously as long as you can pay the bill on departure!
Dinner is a wondrous event with delicious, fresh home-made rolls freely on offer and the most amazing intense flavours in every mouthful. The ten course discovery menu is a must for a special occasion and allows the diner a chance to sample a range of the dishes on offer from the main menu. The sommelier's expertise in pairing wines with each dish adds to the whole experience.
The grounds are a peaceful place to wander in at leisure. The vegetable garden is interesting to browse through to find out the different varieties growing and to ponder on what might be served for dinner.
Le Manoir is not the cheapest of retreats, but for that special experience for a birthday or anniversary I can't think of anywhere I would rather be whisked away to.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Created by celebrated chef Raymond Blanc OBE, Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat'Saisons is renowned for offering one of Britain's finest gastronomic experiences. Situated in the picturesque Oxfordshire village of Great Milton, it is also one of the country's most intimate and original hotels, with 32 individually designed guest rooms and suites. The hotel received two Michelin stars in 1984, the first year of its opening, and, remarkably, has held them ever since. Surrounded by lawns, flower borders and orchards, the luxury hotel enjoys an idyllic, typically English setting. But beyond the eye-catching displays are vegetable and herb gardens that provide the kitchen-and the acclaimed Raymond Blanc Cookery School-with ultra-fresh, organic produce, ensuring the Michelin-star restaurant remains at the cutting edge of culinary excellence. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Belmond, TripOnline SA, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Evoline ltd and Ebookers so you can book your Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat'Saisons reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Manoir Aux Quat`Saisons By Orient-Express Hotel Great Milton
- Manoir Aux Quatre Saisons
- Le Manoir Aux Quatre Saisons
- Manoir Quatre Saisons
- Le Manoir Quatre Saisons
- Manor Quatre Saisons
- Belmond Le Manoir Aux Quat'Saisons Oxfordshire/Great Milton, UK