I had the pleasure of staying here for five nights in early February and attended the residential 4 day cookery course in the hotel's cookery school. This was very successful...a mixture of fun and learning which surpassed my expectations in every department due in no small way to the expertise of Mark the head tutor and his talented team. If you love food and learning then you will not be disappointed and there are a whole variety of shorter courses available should a longer course not be your thing.
The actual stay at the hotel was wonderful in terms of service, comfort, attention to detail and the standard of food and drink provided. The staff were all friendly, helpful and professional from welcome to departure. The breakfasts are superb with a wide choice for every palate and the evening meals provided during the week were a gastronomic delight: seafood, fish, game , offal. meat and desserts beautifully prepared and presented. Apart from a fine wine cellar and knowledgeable and helpful sommeliers, the bar also stocks some fine ales including bottle conditioned Worthington White Shield, rarely found these days.
The numerous log fires more than compensated for damp February weather and one felt truly cosseted throughout the stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Created by celebrated chef Raymond Blanc OBE, Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat'Saisons is renowned for offering one of Britain's finest gastronomic experiences. Situated in the picturesque Oxfordshire village of Great Milton, it is also one of the country's most intimate and original hotels, with 32 individually designed guest rooms and suites. The hotel received two Michelin stars in 1984, the first year of its opening, and, remarkably, has held them ever since. Surrounded by lawns, flower borders and orchards, the luxury hotel enjoys an idyllic, typically English setting. But beyond the eye-catching displays are vegetable and herb gardens that provide the kitchen-and the acclaimed Raymond Blanc Cookery School-with ultra-fresh, organic produce, ensuring the Michelin-star restaurant remains at the cutting edge of culinary excellence. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat'Saisons reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Manoir Aux Quat`Saisons By Orient-Express Hotel Great Milton
- Manoir Aux Quatre Saisons
- Le Manoir Aux Quatre Saisons
- Manoir Quatre Saisons
- Le Manoir Quatre Saisons
- Manor Quatre Saisons
- Belmond Le Manoir Aux Quat'Saisons Oxfordshire/Great Milton, UK