“Fantastic”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Great Milton
Well, United Kingdom
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Le Manior is somewhere that I have always dreamt of visiting and when I found out that my wife had booked us in there for a bed, breakfast and evening meal package for my birthday I was really excited. It was everything that I had expected and far far more, the room we stayed in was incredible, the food exceptional and the service was attentive but when privacy was required they left us alone. Overall an experience never to be forgotten and one that we hope one day to sample again

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
LeManoirAdmin, General Manager at Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat'Saisons, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear 01alan1984

Thank you for your lovely review. What a great way to celebrate your birthday.

Please do visit us again.

and the team at Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat'Saisons

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (373)
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

Stayed with another couple to celebrate mutual silver weddings. Rooms and service was tip top and the food as good as you would expect !
Would go again even if I need top save as the experience is not to be missed for anyone who can afford it.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear poset

Thank you for choosing to celebrate your Silver Wedding Anniversary with us. We do hope that you will visit us again soon.

Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

Dear God, I understand that if I'm always good and moral and kind and charming, I will be admitted to Heaven when I die. Could I enquire exactly what Heaven is going to be like? I'm asking because I’ve just spent 24 hours at Le Manor aux Quat' Saisons, and frankly, you now have a very hard act to follow.

Unless Heaven is precisely like Le Manoir, then I’m afraid I won’t be satisfied and will be making a complaint. Please make one of your invisible visits, with a clipboard, and make the following notes about my forthcoming Eternal Rest In Heaven: I want the gardens to be exactly like the gardens at Le Manoir. I want the angels to behave just as the staff at Le Manoir do, with a constant, unassuming devotion to my total comfort and happiness. I want the 5 course tasting dinner every night. Please have the same pillows, curtains, weighing scales (2 pounds lighter than the ones at home!) and the same lovely mullioned window installed in my Heavenly Bedroom. I want the carpets specially fixed like the ones at Le Manoir to make me feel like I'm walking on air, and all is right with the world.

And above all, please let me never leave and have to head back up the M40 to my life in Birmingham

5 Thank Felicie O
Dear Felicie O

What an original review, thank you for leaving this.

We do hope you will travel down the M40 to visit us again in the future.

Guildford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

We had a lovely visit to Le Manoir for two evenings to celebrate a special anniversary and birthday. The staff were charming and made us feel special with lovely cards on our arrival and themed desserts to celebrate the occasions. The food was sublime and there was certainly enough to satisfy my husband's appetite. We opted for the wine tasting option which was an excellent choice. The only thing the hotel couldn't seem to organise for us was a sunny day!!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Colin and Liz S

Thank you for choosing us for your special celebrations.

There is a lot we can arrange at Le Manoir but sadly the weather is not one of those things.

Please visit us again soon.

UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

I booked the Manoir as a treat for my wife's birthday and was slightly apprehensive given the price. I really wasn't sure that anywhere could be worth a four figure sum for one night dinner bed and breakfast.

However I am pleased to say... it was worth it (at least to try it once!)

The staff were outstanding - the hotel and gardens splendid - the rooms immaculate and the food fantastic

Don't go expecting anything cheap (millionaire's shortbread on the room service menu lived up to its name at £24) but do go expecting a once in a lifetime experience.

We were wowed from start to finish!

Room Tip: All rooms are good - we stayed in the main house and loved it
1 Thank Matt L
Dear Matt L

What a lovely way to celebrate your wife's birthday. Your great comments are very much appreciated and we do hope you will visit us for more celebrations in the future.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

What a beautiful location! Stunning building, set in pristine grounds, surrounded by plush Oxfordshire countryside. A delight. A truly World class delight.

The restaurant is a destination in and of itself, and did not disappoint. A sumptuous evening with fine wine accompanying delightful food creations.

The bar served my favourite beer and champagne brands, and served stunning sandwiches.

The rooms are excellent - and very pretty indeed. Delightfully appointed, and well stocked with amenities including free port!

A must do - even once in your life. Especially if you are a 'foodie'!! Don't expect it to be cheap though!!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Dear David W

Thank you for leaving this review following your visit.

We do hope you will visit us again in the future.

yendesk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

We booked the dining experience as our wedding anniversary treat, and were not disappointed. The food was excellent, as one would expect, as was the room (which one would hope for at the price) and the grounds are absolutely beautiful (though the weather meant we couldn't get the full enjoyment from them). However, what impressed me above all was the service from every member of staff.
We arrived in the pouring rain, and a gentleman came to our car with two umbrellas to escort us to the building. We were wished a happy anniversary as we passed the gatehouse (indeed, by virtually every member of staff we encountered), and we were intercepted before we even reached reception then taken directly to our room.
There were other touches that made us feel extra special - the half bottle of champagne in our room, the anniversary card, the complimentary morning wake-up drink and newspaper, even things like the postcards left in the room to send free of charge should we wish. Touches like these don't necessarily cost an awful lot, but they leave a huge impression on guests - we were made to feel like the hotel was happy to welcome us, and that it wasn't just our money they were after. I have stayed at other expensive hotels, where it seems like they can't wait to take more of your money (by charging for wi-fi and all sorts of extras)
Of course it is expensive, but this is one of those times where you get what you pay for - an unforgettable experience in delightful surroundings with attentive (but not intrusive) staff.

1 Thank yendesk
LeManoirAdmin, General Manager at Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat'Saisons, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear yendesk

What a lovely way to spend your wedding anniversary. You are quite right that it is the sum of all of the little things that help to make any visit here so special. What a pity about the rain - our gardens are so beautiful and it is a pity you couldn't enjoy them to the full.

We do hope that you will visit us again and would hope for some sunshine for you.

On behalf of Raymond Blanc
The Oxford Belfry
The Oxford Belfry
#2 of 2 in Milton Common
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,636 reviews

Been to Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat'Saisons? Share your experiences!