“Kids heaven”

Price range: US$0 - US$428
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Nestled amidst beautiful gardens in the rural Cotswolds countryside, Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat'Saisons is a gourmet hotel in Oxfordshire. Located in the picturesque village of Great Milton, this luxury hotel combines breathtaking surroundings with gastronomic excellence. The quaint streets of Oxford city centre are a 20-minute drive, whilst London Heathrow Airport is 60km away. Home to Raymond Blanc's Cookery School, one of Britain's finest culinary academies, this enchanting hotel offers French-inspired cuisine at the 2 Michelin-starred restaurant. Using only the best seasonal produce, freshly picked from the hotel's extensive vegetable and herb gardens, guests are invited to embark on an unforgettable gastronomic adventure.
Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

Who would have thought this would be the perfect venue for a family lunch with a 10 year old.
I have been dying to go here for years but was cautious taking my daughter, she is an adventurous eater but my wife and I wanted the tasting menu with wine pairing.
This was no challenge for the staff who suggested extra fun dishes to add to my daughters meal so she didn't feel left out. They even took her into the kitchen to select her sorbet.
The food and service were what you would expect from a 3* establishment, but still managed to surprise and delight.
This has to go on your bucket list.

LeManoirAdmin, General Manager at Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat'Saisons, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Dear Say-it-straight

Thank you for leaving this review.

Raymond Blanc has always thought that the whole family should be welcome at any restaurant table and we were so pleased that you all felt comfortable to dine together.

We do hope that you will visit us again.

and the team at Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat'Saisons

Write a ReviewReviews (2,102)

Reviewed 26 March 2014

Having been a regular visitor to Le Manoir over the years I was really looking forward to visiting again after an absence of 7 years. To be fair I'd never dined there on a Saturday before so was un-prepared for the restaurant being so busy. We were greeted in the usual friendly, efficient manner and enjoyed the canapes with house champagne in the garden. Every table in the restaurant was taken but there seemed enough staff to provide a first class service. By the time the fish course arrived we could see that this wasn't the case. After sitting with empty wine glasses for 15 minutes we had to ask for more from our bottle that was being kept chilled. This would NEVER have happened previously.

At this point we excused this because they were so busy, however we had empty red wine glasses for more than 15 minutes before we decided to pour it for ourselves (after the initial tasting). This really isn't acceptable in a restaurant of this quality.

I was surprised even more when I visited the ladies cloakroom to find out the toilet tissue had ran out!! The hand towels were not their usual brilliant white, in fact I'd describe them as having a grey tinge. Certainly fell short of the standards we'd come to expect here.

I can't fault the presentation or taste of the food but when you pay almost £1000 for lunch for 2 people you would expect the service quality to meet expectations.

Come on Le Manoir I know you can do better than this!

2  Thank MissHopeSprings

Dear MissHopeSprings

Thank you for leaving your review.

We are very grateful for you taking the time and trouble to leave such detail and please rest assured we will act upon all of the comments that you made, we are just so sorry that you were disappointed with this visit.

As you have been a regular visitor we do hope you will consider this to be a one off slip and will visit us again in the future.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

We were given a gift voucher for the 5 course lunch, not knowing what to expect we stayed with the menu of the day even though there was an opportunity to exchange dishes from the A La Carte menu. Our choice proved to be the right one, we could not fault the choice of dishes, the food, the presentation or the quality of service. The staff are to be congratulated, especially Remy who oversees the restaurant and is passionate about the cuisine, especially the cheese trolley.
Having eaten at some of the very best restaurants around the world and especially France we can honestly say that Le Manoir is without equal.

1  Thank peter C
LeManoirAdmin, General Manager at Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat'Saisons, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Dear Peter C

Thank you so much for leaving this review.

We were delighted to read that you had enjoyed your lunch and thank you also for your comments about Remi, we too think he is great.

Please visit again soon.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

I treated my partner to lunch here to celebrate her 70th birthday. I was a little apprehensive as some of the previous Trip Advisor reviews were rather negative.Surely people are aware of the cost and that it is fine dining at the highest level before they book. If they want cheap food then go to other outlets!! If people find the wine so expensive enjoy a non alcoholic drink instead.
However, from the moment we arrived at Le Manoir I cannot find fault in what we experienced!
When I initially booked I was asked if it was a special occasion - I informed them it was a 70th birthday treat.
On arrival we were escorted to a lounge area where we had a drink and some exquisite canapes.The waitress was most complementary to my partner and wished her Happy Birthday. We ordered the tasting menu and in due course were escorted to our table in the Conservatory.The slickness of service and detail was second to none. There was no banging of plates and cutlery, people seemed to notice when your glass needed topping up or you had finished the appropriate course. Nothing was rushed and the quality of the food was divine. nothing was too much trouble.When we received our dessert the waiter added a lighted candle and a small iced plaque wishing my partner Happy Birthday.
We had coffee and petite fours in another lounge.Once again, exquisite. I felt for what we had, the service, the quality of the food and the ambiance of the whole place was first class. Our only regret is that we didn't see Raymond Blanc in person. We did, however, make time to go round his beautiful gardens. The Japanese Garden, the statues, the vegetable and herb garden and the glasshouses were wonderful.They add to the whole experience.
We didn't have it on company expenses and had saved up for the occasion.WE WERE NOT DISAPPOINTED.
A big thank you to all the staff who made my partner's 70th birthday so very special.

Dear EnglandRuddles

Thank you for leaving this review of your lunch.

We were delighted to be able to be of service to you on such a special birthday celebration and we do hope you will visit us again soon.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Another great lunch, booked on Sunday for a Thursday early lunch, everything was exactly as expected, superb food, AMAZING service & simply one of the best overall luxury experiences around...looking forward to doing it again!

1  Thank FredandOllie

Dear FredandOllie

A short but sweet review. Thank you.