“God with Food”

Price range: US$0 - US$428
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Nestled amidst beautiful gardens in the rural Cotswolds countryside, Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat'Saisons is a gourmet hotel in Oxfordshire. Located in the picturesque village of Great Milton, this luxury hotel combines breathtaking surroundings with gastronomic excellence. The quaint streets of Oxford city centre are a 20-minute drive, whilst London Heathrow Airport is 60km away. Home to Raymond Blanc's Cookery School, one of Britain's finest culinary academies, this enchanting hotel offers French-inspired cuisine at the 2 Michelin-starred restaurant. Using only the best seasonal produce, freshly picked from the hotel's extensive vegetable and herb gardens, guests are invited to embark on an unforgettable gastronomic adventure.
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I really cant say ,anything more than the most Wonderful experience food wise in my life, and I had a few around the Globe!!! VERY SPECIAL. If u can go, just GO! and I know most of you, will agree!

1  Thank Richard E
LeManoirAdmin, General Manager at Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat'Saisons, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Dear RichardE

Thank you for this wonderful review.

Please visit us again soon.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

A truly beautiful meal. The attention to detail was on a level i have never experienced before. The food was delicious and exquisitely presented. The pace of the meal was just right. Service was balletic and beautifully co-ordinated. How nice to be able to finish off with a walk in the lovely gardens and so impressive to see the food being grown for the kitchens. It was my 4oth birthday and will always remember how i spent the day. Thank you Monsieur Blanc and your team of dedicated and highly skilled staff.

1  Thank Ian F

Dear Ian F

What a lovely way to spend your 40th birthday. Thank you for such great comments. We are certain your memories will stay with you of how you spent this special birthday.

We do hope you will visit us again.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

This was undoubtedly one of the best meals my wife and I had ever enjoyed. We had dinner at the Manoir thanks to a very generous Christmas present from our younger daughter. My wife went for the 5 course taster menu. I had the 7 course menu not only because I am greedier but I slightly prefered the dishes on offer. All 12 courses we deemed to be magnifique! Cleverly, our daughter did not include wine or any other alcohol in her present. The wine list is huge, not many wines were what I would call "reasonably priced" but a very helpful sommelier helped me choose a half bottle of white and a bottle of red that didn't bankrupt me! Please, daughter dear, may we have the same Christmas present next year. Our stay included bed and breakfast.

LeManoirAdmin, General Manager at Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat'Saisons, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Dear Feff35

What a lovely Christmas present to receive from your daughter, we were delighted to read you had enjoyed your time with us and do hope that you will visit again soon. Thank you for leaving this review.

Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

Who would have thought this would be the perfect venue for a family lunch with a 10 year old.
I have been dying to go here for years but was cautious taking my daughter, she is an adventurous eater but my wife and I wanted the tasting menu with wine pairing.
This was no challenge for the staff who suggested extra fun dishes to add to my daughters meal so she didn't feel left out. They even took her into the kitchen to select her sorbet.
The food and service were what you would expect from a 3* establishment, but still managed to surprise and delight.
This has to go on your bucket list.

Dear Say-it-straight

Thank you for leaving this review.

Raymond Blanc has always thought that the whole family should be welcome at any restaurant table and we were so pleased that you all felt comfortable to dine together.

We do hope that you will visit us again.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

Having been a regular visitor to Le Manoir over the years I was really looking forward to visiting again after an absence of 7 years. To be fair I'd never dined there on a Saturday before so was un-prepared for the restaurant being so busy. We were greeted in the usual friendly, efficient manner and enjoyed the canapes with house champagne in the garden. Every table in the restaurant was taken but there seemed enough staff to provide a first class service. By the time the fish course arrived we could see that this wasn't the case. After sitting with empty wine glasses for 15 minutes we had to ask for more from our bottle that was being kept chilled. This would NEVER have happened previously.

At this point we excused this because they were so busy, however we had empty red wine glasses for more than 15 minutes before we decided to pour it for ourselves (after the initial tasting). This really isn't acceptable in a restaurant of this quality.

I was surprised even more when I visited the ladies cloakroom to find out the toilet tissue had ran out!! The hand towels were not their usual brilliant white, in fact I'd describe them as having a grey tinge. Certainly fell short of the standards we'd come to expect here.

I can't fault the presentation or taste of the food but when you pay almost £1000 for lunch for 2 people you would expect the service quality to meet expectations.

Come on Le Manoir I know you can do better than this!

2  Thank MissHopeSprings

Dear MissHopeSprings

Thank you for leaving your review.

We are very grateful for you taking the time and trouble to leave such detail and please rest assured we will act upon all of the comments that you made, we are just so sorry that you were disappointed with this visit.

As you have been a regular visitor we do hope you will consider this to be a one off slip and will visit us again in the future.